Extending Santander and Nimmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Santander and Nimmo

I'm in a points league with a $400 cap and high inflation. They both earned about $30 uninflated last year, and would earn $50+ in auction money if they repeat. I have both for $8 and $6 and was planning on extending both a year. However, to my surprise, recent speculation has Santander on thin ice with all the up and coming talent on the Orioles. Do you think it is possible that a slow start loses him his job? Is he too risky to extend? Nimmo's defense should make him safer, but they have produced so similarly the last two years in my pts league, it is hard for me to justify extending one and not the other. Should I?

I shopped Santander around to some league mates and they all seem convinced Santander will lose his job. He has been great for me the last two years, so I may be biased and I need to perspective. He seems safe to me, but maybe I'm delusional.

Comment

IMO because you are asking and questioning it, the player is not one you should extend. Take your profits, find the next profitable guy which you will do better than most in your league, and keep churning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        IMO because you are asking and questioning it, the player is not one you should extend. Take your profits, find the next profitable guy which you will do better than most in your league, and keep churning.
        A couple of guys are trying to buy low, imo at least. If he is not worth extending, is he worth trading for Yanier Diaz $5 (1 catcher league) and Jace Jung, or for Lourdes Gurriel and AJ Smith-Shawver?

Comment

Working...
        X