2K24: Jung Hoo Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K24: Jung Hoo Lee

Been reading a little about him now that he's signed in the NL and I received an offer for him. What does everyone expect from him?

I was offered Lee at $5 (MLE eligible in my league) for my $8 Christian Encarnacion-Strand (lost MLE eligibility last year).

It's always nice to have a major league contributor that you can keep for free, obviously. I know Encarnacion-Strand has big power upside, but also pretty big downside with his aversion to walks. Any thoughts?

And yes, I realize I put 2K4 by accident. I don’t know to know what we can expect from him in his t-ball league 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      And yes, I realize I put 2K4 by accident. I don’t know to know what we can expect from him in his t-ball league 20 years ago.
      Sorry, furthest back I can get is High School

Track Record:
      Lee is the son of Korean baseball icon and former Korea Baseball Organization MVP Jong-Beom Lee, who was nicknamed “Son of the Wind” for his legendary speed. The younger Lee emerged early as a baseball prodigy and skipped the Korean minor leagues to jump straight from high school to the KBO. He set a KBO rookie record for hits as an 18 year old​
      Jung Hoo Lee Scouting Report: Meet The New Giants Outfielder — College Baseball, MLB Draft, Prospects - Baseball America
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

If I were offered that, I'd do it. He's not getting $20m a year for nothing. The Reds are loaded and it's possible CES is not an impact player this season for you.

Comment

That scouting report makes him sound like Ichiro with a little more pop minus the speed and defense. Lee is interesting, but CES is a favorite of mine. So, I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on that deal.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            That scouting report makes him sound like Ichiro with a little more pop minus the speed and defense. Lee is interesting, but CES is a favorite of mine. So, I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on that deal.
            I’m kind of in the same boat because I really like CES, but revo’s point is noted for sure. I should be a contender this year so it comes down to who is a bigger impact for 2024.

Comment

Lee isn't a fantasy asset. He's not expected to put up big counting stats. IMO, his ceiling is a Luis Arraez type stat line. But he's unlikely to reach that kind of AVG.

This is one of those "better in real life than in fantasy" types. The fact that he got paid means he'll get AB, so if you are in a really deep league (NL only), this should move your radar. Otherwise lots of ABs for a guy you don't want to be starting shouldn't change it.

I can't imagine that Lee is your best option when trading CES. Even if you don't think CES will be good this year, someone else in your league should and should be willing to pay more than this kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Lee isn't a fantasy asset. He's not expected to put up big counting stats. IMO, his ceiling is a Luis Arraez type stat line. But he's unlikely to reach that kind of AVG.

This is one of those "better in real life than in fantasy" types. The fact that he got paid means he'll get AB, so if you are in a really deep league (NL only), this should move your radar. Otherwise lots of ABs for a guy you don't want to be starting shouldn't change it.

I can't imagine that Lee is your best option when trading CES. Even if you don't think CES will be good this year, someone else in your league should and should be willing to pay more than this kind of player.
                Good points. He did hit 23 HRs in '22 but was on pace for about 10-12 this past year (looks like he missed half the season). Doesn't strike out, and his walks are double his K%. Chips in a few SBs. So yeah, Arraez is a pretty good comp. So maybe CES is worth more, but I'm still skeptical of his playing time this season, and he did say he's on the clock while Lee wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Good points. He did hit 23 HRs in '22 but was on pace for about 10-12 this past year (looks like he missed half the season). Doesn't strike out, and his walks are double his K%. Chips in a few SBs. So yeah, Arraez is a pretty good comp. So maybe CES is worth more, but I'm still skeptical of his playing time this season, and he did say he's on the clock while Lee wouldn't be.
                  Fair.

I think HR in KBO need to be heavily discounted. Slap hitters in MLB can hit 10-20 bombs over there. Socrates Brito hit 20 HR last year. Anthony Alford hit 15. Guillermo Heredia hit 10.

Comment

Working...
                  X