The Naylors for Cabrera and Saggese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Naylors for Cabrera and Saggese?

I just traded a trio of pitchers--Verlander, Berrios, and Woodruff (all to get rid of Woodruff on a guaranteed deal) for the Naylors, Bo ($5) and Josh ($6). Pitching is really thin in the auction, so I'd like to get some back. I have an offer of Edward Cabrera ($5, needs extension) and Sagesse for the pair. I am afraid to extend Cabrera, but do like his upside. Most have him ranked low, which makes sense. This razzball guy has him ranked #11, which seems absurd, but I do agree he has upside. What does everyone think? Is he worth gambling on? Would I be overpaying? Would you give Cabrera an extra year if you got him in a 15 team league that values sps higher than normal? Here is the link to the razzball rankings: https://razzball.com/2024-top-keeper...ting-pitchers/
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-29-2023, 05:25 PM.

The thing about Cabrera is he was way, way better at home, so he has shown he can have more control, he just hasn't show it at all on the road. That seems fixable, no? HIs 2.4 era and 1.2 whip at home make me dream of his upside. His 6 era and 1.6 whip at home remind me of his downside.

Comment

No opinions? The Naylors seem the safer bet, but despite his low rankings, I like Cabrera's upside. Just trying to decide if he is worth the gamble. I like Saggese too, but his scouting reports do not match his production.

Comment

Saggese will be a solid starter but IMO unlikely to be a star. Typical Cardinal's gritty multi position guy. I don't think he bridges the difference here, I'd stick with the Naylors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Saggese will be a solid starter but IMO unlikely to be a star. Typical Cardinal's gritty multi position guy. I don't think he bridges the difference here, I'd stick with the Naylors.
          Yeah, that is my thought. I am not usually swayed by random articles making obvious "hero" calls in their rankings. I guess this one struck a nerve, because I've long thought Cabrera could be a top 25ish pitcher, if it all came together for him. I guess I wanted to make sure that everyone agreed the Razzball writer as just throwing darts ranking Cabrera 11th overall. It is such an absurdly high ranking, it made me think maybe I missed something that this guy saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Yeah, that is my thought. I am not usually swayed by random articles making obvious "hero" calls in their rankings. I guess this one struck a nerve, because I've long thought Cabrera could be a top 25ish pitcher, if it all came together for him. I guess I wanted to make sure that everyone agreed the Razzball writer as just throwing darts ranking Cabrera 11th overall. It is such an absurdly high ranking, it made me think maybe I missed something that this guy saw.
            Which Razzball writer? On Rudy's auction calculator (which is backed by Steamer and supplemented with Rudy's playing time projections) I see they have him as a $2 pitcher in a 15 team league for 2024.

If you are looking at a Grey article on razzball, he's a nutcase. I always consider Gray's writing entertainment only. He makes wild projections pre-season so he can point out the ones where he was right. Very fun guy to listen to / read, but I take it with a grain of salt.

Rudy and Gray IMO are opposites - you have the analytic guy (Rudy) and the "gut feel" guy Gray -- which is what makes Razz an interesting site.

Comment

Which Razzball writer? On Rudy's auction calculator (which is backed by Steamer and supplemented with Rudy's playing time projections) I see they have him as a $2 pitcher in a 15 team league for 2024.

If you are looking at a Grey article on razzball, he's a nutcase. I always consider Gray's writing entertainment only. He makes wild projections pre-season so he can point out the ones where he was right. Very fun guy to listen to / read, but I take it with a grain of salt.

Rudy and Gray IMO are opposites - you have the analytic guy (Rudy) and the "gut feel" guy Gray -- which is what makes Razz an interesting site.
              I linked to the article in the first post. He goes by Jakkers. Is that Grey or someone else? Either way, putting Cabrera ahead of guys like Wheeler, Gallen, and Snell is definitely manufactured shock value. Sounds like it could be the same guy.

Comment

Wow, that article is really, really bad. Jesus Luzardo 5th? Geez. I've never heard of "Jakkers" but it looks like he's only been writing there for a couple years.

This line in the article tells me the guy has no idea what he's doing:

"Ranking Edward Cabera 11th here is a little aggressive. In those keeper leagues with limited spots, a pitcher coming off a season with a 4.24 ERA and 6.0 BB/9 rate would not be ranked as the 11th overall pitcher."

He ranked Cabrera and then said he shouldn't be ranked 11th.

You think?

Comment

Wow, that article is really, really bad. Jesus Luzardo 5th? Geez. I've never heard of "Jakkers" but it looks like he's only been writing there for a couple years.

This line in the article tells me the guy has no idea what he's doing:

"Ranking Edward Cabera 11th here is a little aggressive. In those keeper leagues with limited spots, a pitcher coming off a season with a 4.24 ERA and 6.0 BB/9 rate would not be ranked as the 11th overall pitcher."

He ranked Cabrera and then said he shouldn't be ranked 11th.

You think?
                  Written by AI?

Comment

Working...
                  X