Bitter Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter Coffee

Lenyn Sosa had a cuppa in 2022. It was awful, but that happens to 22-year-old players. He had a second nice season at AAA so got the call in April, was sent down and again torched AAA. They called him up again in August and are giving him extended playing time and using his platoon advantage. Still sub-.200. Entering his age 24 season he is likely to make the MLB roster in March or April, but I doubt he will be drafted in the top 300.

Who else looked promising but has spoiled the sheets?
    Which of them are still worth a look in mid to late going?

Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Joe Adell comes to mind. I would still take a chance on him for $1 at the end of the auction. He will be 25 years old next season. So, he still has post-hype potential.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gavin Stone?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Joe Adell comes to mind. I would still take a chance on him for $1 at the end of the auction. He will be 25 years old next season. So, he still has post-hype potential.
        I picked him with the first pick in the reserve draft. Free this year, $10 next year. I have had him for years on my roster. Thinking I need to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I picked him with the first pick in the reserve draft. Free this year, $10 next year. I have had him for years on my roster. Thinking I need to move on.
          He's an easy pass for $10. But, given the chance, I would take him again next year for free.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

He's an easy pass for $10. But, given the chance, I would take him again next year for free.
            Would you take him for a buck on your last pick?

Comment

That's about it, as a last-round flier.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Would you take him for a buck on your last pick?
                Yeah, for a buck I would gamble on him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X