2K24: 1st Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post

Definitely agree. I had E Ruiz for $2 and thought he was a no-brainer, but at this point I'm probably not even going to keep him.
    You have to keep him or trade him. He's very top tier in a category, has to be worth more than $2.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

You have to keep him or trade him. He's very top tier in a category, has to be worth more than $2.
      Agree. How much he's worth depends on how much he plays going forward. Metrics indicate that he's not a good fielder and he has pretty bad plate discipline so that should affect his playing time. He probably profiles best as an extra OFer in MLB who can pinch run and fill in. But as bad as Oakland is you'd think he'd at least be on the roster. If he is, I'd say he's definitely worth $2 if you have enough roster spots for keepers.

Comment

He wouldn't make my top 10. He is a true one category player in a category that has undergone a massive dilution this year. He hurts badly in the other four categories. I dropped him. If another team picks him up, his salary will be $5.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He wouldn't make my top 10. He is a true one category player in a category that has undergone a massive dilution this year. He hurts badly in the other four categories. I dropped him. If another team picks him up, his salary will be $5.
          Please let me know if there are any openings in your league.

Just kidding (sort of)

Hard to imagine there would be no takers on trading for him.

Comment

Wow, I traded him in my redraft league in May for Springer.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Wow, I traded him in my redraft league in May for Springer.
              The value of Ruiz probably peaked around that time. Since then, his minor league contact skills have left him and he has slowly turned into Billy Hamilton. Maybe the dislocated shoulder affected his hitting. But, moving forward, he's going to need more than just those 3 SBs per week to make up for his poor defense and to prevent him from becoming the A's 4th outfielder..
              Last edited by madducks; 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe. I would contemplate keeping him in our league at $22. The idea of getting him for $2? No brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

The value of Ruiz probably peaked around that time. Since then, his minor league contact skills have left him and he has slowly turned into Billy Hamilton. Maybe the dislocated shoulder affected his hitting. But, moving forward, he's going to need more than just those 3 SBs per week to make up for his poor defense and to prevent him from becoming the A's 4th outfielder..
                  My thoughts exactly.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Please let me know if there are any openings in your league.

Just kidding (sort of)

Hard to imagine there would be no takers on trading for him.
                    Yeah I should've tried to trade him before the deadline, but I fully expected to keep him a month ago but I think his value has really tanked since then. Plus my keeper list is pretty stacked IMO. I can't even keep two from this list.

Freeman 43
                    Altuve 14
                    Witt 39
                    Steer 1
                    N Lowe 2
                    J Lowe 7
                    Schwarber 10
                    ​​​​​Frelick 6
                    Jung 11
                    Bradish 5
                    Gilbert 8
                    J Ryan 4
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                    X