Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Betts

Greetings all,

In a 5x5 NL-Only, $280 cap for 25 man rosters, OBP instead of average. Currently in 4th place, really no opportunity to get to 3rd. Could potentially drop as low as 6th or 7th, but I don't really care that much (4th has a payout, but 5th gets the first reserve round pick in the following year, where you can usually get a very high ranking prospect). I'm all in for next year - actually didn't even anticipate contending for a money spot this year.

I have a $43 Mookie Betts, due extension at the end of the year. I could theoretically keep him going into next year as an expiring contract, but it would obviously greatly reduce my flexibility at auction, as I already have Tatis at $41, along with several other quality keepers that would leave me with less than $100 in spending money. In my experience in this league, there is a very small pool of people who are interested in $40+ players pre-auction, and I am one of them, which hurts my chances of coming to an off-season agreement. I have received offers from 1st place, 2nd place, and 7th place, who wants to try to move up and finish in the money. I'm not overwhelmed by any of them, but don't want to get stuck getting nothing for Betts in the off-season. And I'm not sure I want to hamper my flexibility for next year.

Offer 1: Betts and an expiring Alec Bohm for Mark Vientos and Gordon Graceffo. Vientos is $7 but can be MLE'd as long as he does not get up to 130 career ABs (he currently has 91). Graceffo is $5 and can be MLE'd.

Offer 2: Betts, expiring Alec Bohm and a $6 Graham Ashcraft for a $2 Lars Nootbaar (due extension) and a $2 Nick Madrigal.

Offer 3: Betts and an expiring Alec Bohn for $8 Eddie Rosario, $15 Jeff McNeil and MLE Kevin Parada.

My current MLE options are pretty thin, since Elly and Eury lost their qualification.

I think that if I did take one of the deals, I would lean towards Offer 1, but I'm not particularly sold on any of them. Any advice?

You should be able to get more - no player is even remotely close to Betts value at 2b

Who would you target from the top 3 teams?

also, keeping him might not be worst idea for next year - depending on the league rules and his eligibilty

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      You should be able to get more - no player is even remotely close to Betts value at 2b

Who would you target from the top 3 teams?

also, keeping him might not be worst idea for next year - depending on the league rules and his eligibilty
      It’s really a matter of opportunity. 1st is actually 14 points up and is not super motivated to deal so he is not willing to offer a tremendous amount. 2nd is probably not eager to mortgage the future when he is this far down. And 7th is notoriously difficult to deal with- I don’t have high expectations.

Comment

Ya, the position flex for 2B is huge and he's already at 16 for SS too.

I would keep him all day giving you a huge edge at 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Ya, the position flex for 2B is huge and he's already at 16 for SS too.

I would keep him all day giving you a huge edge at 2B.
          Good point. Could have an IF of Betts, Tatis, Hoerner and Elly next year. That’s….not….terrible.

Comment

Yeah, if that is all you can get, you have to keep him. Betts is a total stud and on principal, I could not justify dealing him for those offers.

Comment

Thanks, all. I may see what is available in the off-season, but I will set my sights higher than this.

Comment

Agree with all. Not nearly enough to move him.

Comment

Also fwiw I kinda like the upside of Nootbaar vs the rest. Vientos is showing he is a butcher in the field, and that will limit his value severely. Just nothing offered that remotely matches Betts’ value.

Comment

The Rosario trade may stop him from playing 20 games at SS.

What is your league minimum for 2024 eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      The Rosario trade may stop him from playing 20 games at SS.

What is your league minimum for 2024 eligibility?
                      12.5% of games played. He might get there.

Comment

Working...
                      X