Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryan Reynolds - What Happened to Him This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Reynolds - What Happened to Him This Year?

From allstar to kinda dud…. What happened to Bryan Reynolds this year? Anyone have insight?

He got paid.

Seriously though, Reynolds has had lingering back issues (heavier wallet?) for at least a month now. And maybe longer than that. His April numbers were good. But it has been all down hill from there. I'm hoping for a strong finish from him.
    Last edited by madducks; 07-22-2023, 05:28 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      From allstar to kinda dud…. What happened to Bryan Reynolds this year? Anyone have insight?
      Oh that's an easy one. I traded for him...at least I didn't give him a raise. Kind of hard to trade his X contract for anything that will help me.

Comment

The guy is hitting .150 (60+ AB over the last month). Amazingly bad. So no, we can’t trade him for anything useful.

Comment

Reynolds with a HR today. Maybe I should rant more often!

Comment

I may be missing something.

Reynolds is on pace for > 50% more SB than last year, more RBI, similar R and an AVG within 3 points of last year.

His HR are down but you should have seen that coming, the 19% HR/FB rate last year was too high.

Overall pretty similar player to what you drafted though right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I may be missing something.

Reynolds is on pace for > 50% more SB than last year, more RBI, similar R and an AVG within 3 points of last year.

His HR are down but you should have seen that coming, the 19% HR/FB rate last year was too high.

Overall pretty similar player to what you drafted though right?
              Not so, Ken. Looking at the past two years, Reynolds averaged 25+ HR. His BA two years ago was .300 and last year it was .262. Is .250 far off? Perhaps no, but there is a big difference between .250 and .270 let alone .300. And was hoping for a little better in counting stats, though his injury absence explains much of that. So sure you can say “we saw that coming”, but to most I think it’s disappointing to not see a higher BA, more HR, and better counting stats. The SB are nice, but aren’t they up across the league? Let’s be clear: he has 8. Not a category winner exactly.

Bottom line: I didn’t anchor to just one year. Past performance indicates more upside, even if some was unsustainable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Not so, Ken. Looking at the past two years, Reynolds averaged 25+ HR. His BA two years ago was .300 and last year it was .262. Is .250 far off? Perhaps no, but there is a big difference between .250 and .270 let alone .300. And was hoping for a little better in counting stats, though his injury absence explains much of that. So sure you can say “we saw that coming”, but to most I think it’s disappointing to not see a higher BA, more HR, and better counting stats. The SB are nice, but aren’t they up across the league? Let’s be clear: he has 8. Not a category winner exactly.

Bottom line: I didn’t anchor to just one year. Past performance indicates more upside, even if some was unsustainable.
                It seems like you didn't read my post almost at all. If you want to be frustrated that your guy isn't performing there's nothing I can say here to help you out.

But just quoting that he had 27 HR last year after I already noted that it was due to a higher HR/FB rate than you should expect is not really that useful. Anyone can read a stat line and see that his HR are down. There's a reason it's down.

If you are upset that he was worse in 2022 than he was in 2021, fine, that's a reasonable jumping off point, but it's 2023 and we have the 2022 data and you should not have paid full 2021 prices.

Comment

Working...
                X