2K23 Christian Encarnacion-Strand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23 Christian Encarnacion-Strand

The Reds are calling up top prospect Christian Encarnacion-Strand from Triple-A Louisville on Monday after he put up numbers of .331/.405/.637 with 20 homers and 62 RBI in 67 games.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Best guess on position(s) he will play? He qualifies at 3B for our league, which is huge. I doubt he will qualify there next year, but would be great if he is something other than DH (OF of 1B). Thoughts and prognostications?

Comment

He played 3B in his debut game tonite. Had a HR and 1B.

Comment

I might be able to land a year one CES if I offer Michael Harris. Harris is $8 year 2; CES is $8 year 1. If I can get it done, would get CES and other pieces. NL only 5x5 and I’m in 1st. Would be a repeat championship, so excited to pursue but hate to surrender a key cog. Is CES a no brainer there? How confident are you in CES for this year and beyond?
        Last edited by Sharky; 07-20-2023, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          I might be able to land a year one CES if I offer Michael Harris. Harris is $8 year 2; CES is $8 year 1. If I can get it done, would get CES and other pieces. NL only 5x5 and I’m in 1st. Would be a repeat championship, so excited to pursue but hate to surrender a key cog. Is CES a no brainer there? How confident are you in CES for this year and beyond?
          I'm not sure why you'd want to make that trade. Harris is a better fantasy asset. Why are you wanting to trade away Harris?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I'm not sure why you'd want to make that trade. Harris is a better fantasy asset. Why are you wanting to trade away Harris?
            I’m definitely not wanting to trade Harris. But I do want to solidify my lead. Harris would likely bet me a package of:
            CES $8 year 1
            Doval $8 year 2
            Ozuna $6 year 2 or Harper $30 year 1
            and Arraez as upgrade over Cronenworth

the saves and HR would be valuable and CES would slot at 3B instead of Casey Schmitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

I’m definitely not wanting to trade Harris. But I do want to solidify my lead. Harris would likely bet me a package of:
              CES $8 year 1
              Doval $8 year 2
              Ozuna $6 year 2 or Harper $30 year 1
              and Arraez as upgrade over Cronenworth

the saves and HR would be valuable and CES would slot at 3B instead of Casey Schmitt.
              Got it - that's not really a CES trade. CES is the throw in to the rest of those pieces. The trade should be evaluated based on the other pieces not CES. For a contending team you are wanting Doval and Harper and Arraez

Comment

Thanks Ken. Agree with your take, but also trying to thread the needle: trade away a top keeper for this-year value but still get back solid keeper value for future. Doval is very good but he’s a closer. We can only keep 7, so hitting keepers (like
                CES) can be quite valuable.

Comment

Working...
                X