Stadium Chasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Chasers

Are any of you chasing (chased?) all 30 stadiums? We don't really talk much about going to games here.

I just got back from TEX/HOU/CHW and am up to 19 stadiums. Looking at ARI/LAD/SD next summer.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Before Texas opened their new stadium in 2020, I had been to all 30 stadiums. I plan to go to the Rangers' new stadium sometime in the near future but probably not this year. I did a couple of posts here about my experiences and impressions during my "stadiums quest" trips a few years ago.

Which stadiums so far do you think are the best?

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Before Texas opened their new stadium in 2020, I had been to all 30 stadiums. I plan to go to the Rangers' new stadium sometime in the near future but probably not this year. I did a couple of posts here about my experiences and impressions during my "stadiums quest" trips a few years ago.

Which stadiums so far do you think are the best?
      I loved Fenway (sat on the Monster), Wrigley (sat everywhere in 2015 before the scoreboard upgrades), and Oakland for the historic feel.
      Dodger Stadium had the best vibe. Baltimore and Pittsbugh are probably my faves as they are easy to navigate and have great sightlines.

I was at Guaranteed Rate Field (White Sox) last week and liked the simplicity of it (only 5 gates). I hate congested concourses and I imagine it would be bad on a busy night.
      I was at Globe Life and Minute Maid on the same trip and found they were pretty similar and the seats were small and cramped.

Comment

I've done all current 30 plus some no longer in use (Astrodome, 2nd Texas, Yankee Stadium, Turner Field, Joe Robbie Stadium, Baltimore Memorial) and my top 3 are Target Field, Coors Field, and PNC Park.

Comment

Haven’t done nearly as many as I would like, but I also loved PNC.

Comment

Camden Yards
            Coors Field
            AT&T (is that still the name of SF?)

Eager to visit PNC and San Diego

Jason, what did you like about Target Field?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Jason, what did you like about Target Field?
              the downtown location, the scene around the park, and the plethora of local cuisine and beer inside of it. Not a bad sight line in the place and did enjoy the club down the right field line during a short rain delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

the downtown location, the scene around the park, and the plethora of local cuisine and beer inside of it. Not a bad sight line in the place and did enjoy the club down the right field line during a short rain delay.
                Just my opinion but I didnt see anything that special about Target Field when I went there (several times). It was OK but the thing I remember most was that it was the same color as many of the other buildings in downtown Minneapolis, which I think of as "Minneapolis drab yellow".

Comment

Just my opinion but I didnt see anything that special about Target Field when I went there (several times). It was OK but the thing I remember most was that it was the same color as many of the other buildings in downtown Minneapolis, which I think of as "Minneapolis drab yellow".
                  Just guessing - maybe the beer had something to do with the fond memories.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Just guessing - maybe the beer had something to do with the fond memories.
                    No beer or other mind-altering substance.

Comment

No beer or other mind-altering substance.
                      I think Harmon was referring to Jason who mentioned the "plethora of beer".
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just wanted to add that I visited Wrigley Field as a kid in 1982. My fondest memory of Wrigley was seeing the legendary Harry Caray lean out of his announcer booth window during the 7th inning stretch and lead the crowd in the singing of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I remember thinking "Wow, these Cubs fans really know how to have fun."

Harry Caray continued that tradition through the 1997 season. Here's a video of the last one:

Last edited by madducks; 07-16-2023, 10:10 AM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I've seen:
                          Philly (2 stadiums)
                          Washington (2 stadiums)
                          Baltimore (2 stadiums)
                          Fenway
                          PNC Pittsburgh
                          Dodgers' Stadium
                          Oracle Park SF
                          Petco (SD)
                          Oracle Arena (Oakland)

My next will probably be either Colorado, Seattle or Chicago x2

homer take: I love Citizen's Bank
                          easy Take: even without having visited all 30, I am absolutely sure Oracle Arena is the worst.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I've seen:
                            Philly (2 stadiums)
                            Washington (2 stadiums)
                            Baltimore (2 stadiums)
                            Fenway
                            PNC Pittsburgh
                            Dodgers' Stadium
                            Oracle Park SF
                            Petco (SD)
                            Oracle Arena (Oakland)

My next will probably be either Colorado, Seattle or Chicago x2

homer take: I love Citizen's Bank
                            easy Take: even without having visited all 30, I am absolutely sure Oracle Arena is the worst.
                            The thing about Oakland's stadium is that it used to be one of the best. I went there in the late '70s, before they built "Mt Davis". Beyond the outfield fence was completely open and it was beautiful. I went back in the early 2000's and it was different. But it doesnt even come close to some of the stadiums that are no longer used. E.g., the Kingdome was truly a monstrosity. I remember flying to Seattle for the first time and on the approach to the airport, the plane flew past downtown. I remember thinking "What is that awful looking building?". Then I realized that that was the Kingdome. I went to a game there and it wasnt any more attractive inside than it was outside. That was before the ceiling tiles began falling on people's heads. Blowing that place up was truly a mercy killing. Olympic Stadium also was pretty bad, altho outside from a distance it still looks pretty cool. Rogers Field (Skydome) also is another unattractive stadium.

Comment

Rogers Field (Skydome) also is another unattractive stadium.
                              Bite your tongue! When closed, it looks like a space station! What's cooler than that?

Comment

Working...
                              X