Inclusive prospect rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclusive prospect rankings

We have our minor league draft on the 13th. NL only and Crews and Skenes are gone. am trying to decide between Yaquiel Fernandez and Dylan Jorge (Rockie’s OF), Edwin Arroyo (Reds SS) and either Matt Shaw or Tommy Troy. Upside the most important. Does anyone know of rankings including the recent draftees or opinions as who to take among the players mentioned.
    Last edited by FBP; 07-11-2023, 10:08 AM.

Originally posted by FBP View Post
    We have our minor league draft on the 13th. I am trying to decide between Yaquiel Hernandez and Dylan Jorge (Rockie’s OF), Edwin Arroyo (Reds SS) and either Matt Shaw or Tommy Troy. Upside the most important. Does anyone know of rankings including the recent draftees or opinions as who to take among the players mentioned.
    I have had both of the new draftees on my full list of prospects for a while. I would not expect to see any of them on any overall top prospect list initially. I personally have seen Matt Shaw play at the U. of Maryland for 3 years. I am thrilled that he was drafted so high (highest in school history) but he's not a top prospect yet. I suppose his upside could be similar to that of Brandon Lowe, another Terp that Shaw reminds me of. But it took Lowe a while to be recognized as a top prospect. I dont know much about Troy but he seems similar in talent to Shaw. I have Hernandez and Arroyo on my top 150 already (at no.s 62 and 73) and Dyan Jorge is one of the next guys to get on. Re: upside, Arroyo gets the highest FV ratings from BA, FG and MLB. But to me Jorge might have even more upside but also more risk. I would not take either of the draftees. If it were me I'd take the one that I have ranked the highest, which is Hernandez, but you could make an argument for either Arroyo or Jorge also.
    Last edited by rhd; 07-11-2023, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks RHD. I ultimately picked Dyan Jorge. After researching the candidates I was persuaded by Fangraph’s analysis and went for upside/risk even though not on many top 100 lists. I suspect that will change.

Comment

Working...
      X