• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    How do you already have Langford
    Langford was a last-round flier, back in March, ie before the bulk of the college season. Because of where he was taken, I have options on Langford through 2028.

We are allowed to draft anyone at all, but only during the draft and we have to keep an empty roster space. After the draft, we can only add players as they come onto the site.

Back in the day, I owned Shohei Ohtani but did not keep him when he was made into two players.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    How do you already have Langford

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Post awards update. I had a unanimous MVP in Acuna, a unanimous CY in Cole, and a unanimous RotY in Gunnar, yet the season turned out poorly.

Losing Bieber, Wander, and Bautista was brutal. Going to next year the holdovers look something like this.

C Logan O'Hoppe LAA - C
    1B
    2B Andrés Giménez CLE 2B,SS
    3B Gunnar Henderson BAL 3B,SS
    SS Elly De La Cruz CIN 3B,SS
    CI
    MI
    OF Ronald Acuña ATL OF
    OF Luis Robert CWS OF
    OF
    OF
    UTIL

SP Gerrit Cole NYY SP
    SP Dylan Cease CWS SP
    SP Gavin Williams CLE SP
    SP Brandon Pfaadt ARI SP
    RP Jhoan Duran MIN - RP
    RP
    RP
    P
    P
    P

BN Pete Crow-Armstrong CHC OF
    BN Jackson Merrill SD SS
    BN Wyatt Langford TEX - OF

I have two decent (150-175) and two early mid-draft (175-250) picks. The rest will be late 200s outward.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 11-18-2023, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    We have a shakeup with Wander Franco out (most likely) and Ryan Mountcastle​ in.

Willie Adames is making a bid for a spot and Andrés Giménez​ is looking to leave. Adames would cost Duran but RP are cheap in the league.

WW pickup deadline is 17 September. Any call ups to watch for?

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post

Langford should be up long before 2026.
    That's also what RHD said in his prospects thread.

I made a point of him in part to show the difference between drafted players and WW pickups. I will take a shot at Paul Skenes when his name pops up, but any other prospect I acquire needs to be either already in MLB or expected to start in 2024.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I'm revisiting this at the trade deadline. OP is updated.

I have picked up Mickey Moniak LAA - OF, Colt Keith DET - 3B​ and Jonatan Clase SEA - OF​​. Since they are WW pickups they need to be ready to contribute in 2024. This is the downside for say Luisangel Acuna. Sometimes, eg Elly de la Cruz, you do it anyway

Following the draft, I have the rights to Wyatt Langford Tex - OF. He's cheap through 2026, then he becomes like a WW pickup.

Other than Acuna are there any other trade deadline players worth snagging?
    Langford should be up long before 2026.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    I'm revisiting this at the trade deadline. OP is updated.

I have picked up Mickey Moniak LAA - OF, Colt Keith DET - 3B​ and Jonatan Clase SEA - OF​​. Since they are WW pickups they need to be ready to contribute in 2024. This is the downside for say Luisangel Acuna. Sometimes, eg Elly de la Cruz, you do it anyway

Following the draft, I have the rights to Wyatt Langford Tex - OF. He's cheap through 2026, then he becomes like a WW pickup.

Other than Acuna are there any other trade deadline players worth snagging?

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Nice list!!

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by harmon View Post
    Nice squad. Speed and power, nice arms.

My only question would be with Adames. Does he have a nice contract for you?
    Thanks.

Since you raise the issue, Adames is droppable and 2024 is his last year regardless. It's unusual to be rich in SS but Gunnar and Elly make five. I have another option, RP Jhoan Duren, and I can always decline the option.

White, Merrill, and rights to college player Wyatt Langford are very cheap. Pfaadt, Marsh, and Crow-Armstrong are cheap. Cease, Elly de la Cruz, Gavin Williams, and Kyle Harrison are fairly cheap. Gunnar, Giménez, Bautiste, and Duran are moderate. Alec Bohm is making a push to be worth his pricey option.

I just realized that I have to choose between Bieber and Robert, so scratch Bieber. I'll update the OP.

Leave a comment:

• harmon
    replied
    Nice squad. Speed and power, nice arms.

My only question would be with Adames. Does he have a nice contract for you?

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    started a topic Halfway point keeper check.

Halfway point keeper check.

This is what I am looking at now. How does this look for next season?
    16-team keeper league with progressive keeper cost.

C Daulton Varsho TOR - C,OF
    1B Ryan Mountcastle BAL - 1B
    2B Andrés Giménez CLE 2B,SS
    3B Gunnar Henderson BAL 3B,SS
    SS
    CI Elly De La Cruz CIN 3B,SS
    MI
    OF Ronald Acuña ATL OF
    OF Luis Robert CWS OF
    OF Brandon Marsh PHI OF
    OF
    UTIL

SP Gerrit Cole NYY SP
    SP Dylan Cease CWS SP
    SP Gavin Williams CLE SP
    SP Alex Cobb SF - SP​
    RP Félix Bautista BAL RP
    RP Jhoan Duran MIN - RP
    RP
    P Brandon Pfaadt ARI SP
    P
    P

BN Pete Crow-Armstrong CHC OF
    BN Jackson Merrill SD SS
    BN Owen White TEX SP
    BN Colt Keith DET - 3B​
    BN Jonatan Clase SEA - OF​
    BN Wyatt Langford TEX - OF

The doings of Wander Franco have shaken things up. I have Ryan Mountcastle to take some of the slack and I retain Franco's rights if things change, though it would cost Mountcastle. I can keep Willie Adames who is finally hitting but it will cost Jhoan Duren. Andrés Giménez is trying to play himself off the team.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-28-2023, 11:05 PM.
Working...
X