Alek Manoah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alek Manoah

Having a rough year, and the Astros are pulverizing him tonight...6 runs in, 2 on base and only one out. What happened to him ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

It seems to be a mix of a lot of things, but he sure seems to have not adapted well to the pitch clock. I don't think that is all of it, but that is definitely part of it.

I just Googled him and found an article from today with the same idea: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ghts-implosion

Comment

We don't have many rules around here, but citing a Barstool blog as salient source is among the unwritten ones
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Demoted today

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Demoted today
          Obviously because of the Barstool link snafu

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Obviously because of the Barstool link snafu
            Manoah or sour masher ?
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Manoah or sour masher ?

full.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                We don't have many rules around here, but citing a Barstool blog as salient source is among the unwritten ones
                In my defense, I never read them, to the point where I didn't even know they had a blog.....I was just Googling for something that confirmed my uninformed opinion without looking for any opposing evidence, which is the American way.

Comment

He was dropped in 2 keep forever leagues. When is it time to scoop him? (He'd be a top 4 or top 10 keeper)

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    He was dropped in 2 keep forever leagues. When is it time to scoop him? (He'd be a top 4 or top 10 keeper)
                    Not sure what is meant by the last parenthetical

Comment

Not sure what is meant by the last parenthetical
                      I think he means that in one league, you can only keep 4 players, so is he worth picking up in that sort of league, and in the second, they only keep 10. If that is the case, I can't see Manoah building back enough value to crack a top 4 keeper list, but I could maybe see him being a keeper in a league that keeps 10 for each team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I think he means that in one league, you can only keep 4 players, so is he worth picking up in that sort of league, and in the second, they only keep 10. If that is the case, I can't see Manoah building back enough value to crack a top 4 keeper list, but I could maybe see him being a keeper in a league that keeps 10 for each team.
                        Got it - generally agree with your assessment. In the 10, I'm curious who would be dropped for this move and how deep benches are (to determine if it's reasonable to stash)

Comment

Got it - generally agree with your assessment. In the 10, I'm curious who would be dropped for this move and how deep benches are (to determine if it's reasonable to stash)
                          10 teams, 10 bench spots so shallow with lots of room. It's a new league and a few teams stockpiled young players/prospects at the cost of dead spots this year. So, for context, he dropped Contreras who he streamed and who got rocked the night before (in a matchup with me).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                          X