2K14: Matt Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14: Matt Moore

I'm working on projections so I can come up with a keeper list.

After a rookie season of ups and downs, I am thinking these numbers sound about right?

Matt Moore TB 185IP 12W 3.75 1.35 185K

I'd be REALLY surprised if he only improved his ERA by 0.06 and didn't improve his WHIP at all. Haven't done my projection on him yet, but I'll be at 3.50/1.25 or better. He got better and better as the season progressed.

Comment

I am usually very conservative in my projections, kind of the least I'd expect from a player. I'd certainly hope that he would show more improvement, but I want to hedge my bets.

Comment

I tend to be pretty conservative, but you're giving him virtually zero growth. I don't see that as a strong possibility.

Comment

17-8
          3.56 era
          1.28 whip
          194 k

Comment

Is Moore hiding an injury or what? Completely elite in April, solid to average in May and an absolutely disaster in June so far...

Comment

He has no consistent command or control. He's also lost the ability to top 95 on the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                He has no consistent command or control. He's also lost the ability to top 95 on the gun.
                that sure sounds like an injury.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

They have Josh Kalk on staff, the guy who set the foundation for using f/x data to detect injury. If he were hurt, he'd be off the mound by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    They have Josh Kalk on staff, the guy who set the foundation for using f/x data to detect injury. If he were hurt, he'd be off the mound by now.
                    Then something must be seriously wrong with his mechanics.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Moore is a mess, can barely find the plate, not throwing hard enough to make up for no command on the few occasions he lucks into a piece of the plate.

Leading the AL in BB.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        Moore is a mess, can barely find the plate, not throwing hard enough to make up for no command on the few occasions he lucks into a piece of the plate.

Leading the AL in BB.
                        And he still has 7 k's in 4 innings. I hope he isn't hurt.

Comment

ok maybe not a total mess but 6 bb in 6 ip isnt a good sign.

Comment

hot damn has he been on fire

ESPN asked me to write about him last night - http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post?id=38430

Comment

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I didn't feel qualified to start his official 2014 thread, but I was hoping for thoughts on him. He is due for an extension from me, and I have always like him, but his performance last year, coupled with vague injury concern buzz related to his drop in velocity really have me worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X