HDID: AL only and NL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: AL only and NL only

Thought I'd make one post for both my local leagues. They have the same rules and 11 out of the 12 managers are the same. 12 teams, 6x6 (OPS and Holds are the extra categories and QS + 1/2 W).

AL team:

CRaleigh $2B
    SZavala $1A
    JBell $23A
    ABarger $6A
    YaDiaz $10C23
    BLowe $21C23
    WMerrifield $18A
    DFletcher $1A
    JRodriguez $1B
    MTrout $45B
    KKiermaier $7A
    LTaveras $9A
    ASantander $12B
    MVierling $2A

SMcClanahan $15C24
    TMcKenzie $10C24
    LGarcia $25A
    TMahle $12A
    KWaldichuk $10A
    RMarinaccio $1A
    BBaker $1A
    ALange $10C23
    AMunoz $6C24
    EClase $6C23

HKjerstad $10M
    JLeiter $5M
    CWinn $5M
    JWestburg $5M
    JCaminero $5M
    TGentry $3M​

Obviously, I have to replace Barger but it's a long season. I wasn't looking for Bell or Merrifield but I felt the prices were worth considering what other players went for. SS was a wasteland; it was TAnderson $30, JBaez $24, EAndrus $11, JPCrawford $5 and then crap. I think Fletcher was the 7th best SS available going into the draft. So I spent on Merrifield instead. As AGimenez went for $28, JPolanco $2 and, LRengifo $16 (!). I spent too much on Garcia, I know. Overall, I think I did well, but McKenzie's injury is not a fun way to start the season.

NL team:

KRuiz $5C23
    ANola $4A
    DSmith $5A
    KHayes $5C23
    ABohm $10C24
    JChisholm $20C25
    BCrawford $2A
    WAdames $22B
    LNootbaar $10C23
    MConforto $18A
    SMarte $30A
    MYastrzemski $9A
    CBlackmon $10A
    RGrichuk $11A

ANola $27B
    FPeralta $13C23
    MGore $5B
    TRogers $15A
    MStroman $15A
    DJameson $7A
    HHarvey $5A
    AOttavino $10C23
    RSuarez $5B
    RHelsley $2B

BMiller $10M
    RPepiot $3M
    JWood $10M
    AAmador $5M
    EArroyo $5M
    BMontgomery $3M

​Pitching always goes for a lot in these leagues, $15 for Rogers and Stroman is a bit high but I felt I had the money. Bit of a boring list of players that I drafted but I think it's a competitive team. We'll see what Jameson does.

Have at it.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

NL: think you did well overall. I don’t love Stroman and Rogers. Hr they complement each other well. Harvey will be nice value. Marte a smart buy this year. All in all a viable contender.

AL: great keepers and solid auction. Should look to deal closers now, as the other stats will help you more. Good luck!

Comment

I actually feel the opposite - the AL squad needs a couple guys like Stroman or Rogers. Maybe not stars but AL team has Shane Mac, Luis Garcia, then a decent sized dropoff to Mahle, then it falls off a cliff. If you had a couple boring vets on that side, the pitching would look really strong. (Obviously some of this is due to McKenzie's injury)

Comment

Rewarded for the reach on Stroman yesterday. Plus he goes down in history as the first clock violation so you got that goin for ya which is nice.

Some first thoughts:

I like your minor league players on your NL team.

Both teams look like they will be fun to manage.

No $1 dollar players on your NL but 3 on your AL. I feel like there is a strategy story or something else going on there.

I understand the Merrifield buy. I am a little disappointed to see him going for that much. I have the same situation in our AL only and was hoping to get him in the $12 range.

Curious as to who your first buys were and how far in to the auction when you won one. Along those same lines who were your first throw outs?

Good luck on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Rewarded for the reach on Stroman yesterday. Plus he goes down in history as the first clock violation so you got that goin for ya which is nice.

Some first thoughts:

I like your minor league players on your NL team.

Both teams look like they will be fun to manage.

No $1 dollar players on your NL but 3 on your AL. I feel like there is a strategy story or something else going on there.

I understand the Merrifield buy. I am a little disappointed to see him going for that much. I have the same situation in our AL only and was hoping to get him in the $12 range.

Curious as to who your first buys were and how far in to the auction when you won one. Along those same lines who were your first throw outs?

Good luck on the season.
          Thanks Gregg. There isn't much behind the $1 bids in the AL and none in the NL. I never ended up in dollar days. All my $1 players (actually 4 of them) were called out when I could have said $3. I left $2 on the table. In the NL Jameson was my last buy and actually screwed up, I wasted $1. I had $7 left and the next max bid was $6. I was going back and forth in my head on how much to call him out for and whether the team with $6 wanted him. So when I decided I needed to outbid him I said $7 instead of $6 to shut him out and have him for a buck less. I blame the beer.

In the AL, my first buy was Bell. I think it was a few rounds of call outs before I got him. I don't remember who my first call out was, I had the last call out. Garcia lasted a while into the draft and it was me and one other guy wanting him and having the money. Pablo Lopez went for $18, I should have jumped on that but I like Garcia's upside a lot.

In the NL, my first buy was Conforto and Marte was probably a few players later. It felt like it was a while before I got them. I was definitely the last manager to get a player. I think I called out Trea Turner first.

Yes, Ken, my pitching took a big hit with McKenzie but I don't think Mahle and Waldichuk are that bad. I'm sure a trade is in my future. Perhaps a closer for a starter.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I actually feel the opposite - the AL squad needs a couple guys like Stroman or Rogers. Maybe not stars but AL team has Shane Mac, Luis Garcia, then a decent sized dropoff to Mahle, then it falls off a cliff. If you had a couple boring vets on that side, the pitching would look really strong. (Obviously some of this is due to McKenzie's injury)
            I picked up Hunter Gaddis to replace McKenzie. Season saved. I actually had him on a list of deep sleepers for the end game.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
            X