AL LABR Draft Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    I think we could. The experts are experts because they know all the players and have come up with some sort of projection and/or valuation systems, not because they know auction strategy and dynamics.
    This is a very good point, IMO. I always feel like I know less about the players than most of the owners in my AL-only league, but their superior knowledge doesn't always translate into auction success.

In my mixed league, I am certain I know less than anyone else. It's only my second year, though, so it is yet to be seen whether I'll be able to compete there. The NL is still a mystery to me.

I'm fascinated by auction dynamics, strategy and tactics. If I had the opportunity, I would go and watch other auctions, just to see how everyone works their various strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      The NL is still a mystery to me.
      Don't draft Astros hitters or Nationals pitchers.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Don't draft Astros hitters or Nationals pitchers.
        'cept Pence and Zimmermann. Both are plenty viable.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          You know, I'd like for us to do a mock auction with only RJ members. I'd wager that some of the 12 most active or interested among us could perform at a level that exceeds that of the "experts", given what I'm seeing at these mock auctions at least.
          Well, CBS has mock auctions going all the time we just need to show up...I'd be game for participating
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
            IS there a printable format anywhere so i can get it all on one page.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Well, CBS has mock auctions going all the time we just need to show up...I'd be game for participating
              Same here. A 10-team AL only auction would rock.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think we could. The experts are experts because they know all the players and have come up with some sort of projection and/or valuation systems, not because they know auction strategy and dynamics.
                In general it makes more sense to think of them as 'writers' rather than experts, because that's actually how they got to be known in the field, and what gets them into those tournaments.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of great roto players on boards like this one; some of the guys in the writer's leagues would tell you the same thing, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RSF View Post
                  In general it makes more sense to think of them as 'writers' rather than experts, because that's actually how they got to be known in the field, and what gets them into those tournaments.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of great roto players on boards like this one; some of the guys in the writer's leagues would tell you the same thing, too.
                  Well, we can put that theory to practice this year......this RotoJunkie is doing AL LABR this year

Comment

Damnit...I read the first page of comments then about 4 rosters before I realized the link was last year's draft.

I saw B.Wood for $1 and wondered "is he back in the AL?" The prices looked strange for 2012. Then I saw Cuddyer and that was the clincher.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Well, we can put that theory to practice this year......this RotoJunkie is doing AL LABR this year
                      We should bring a big rooting section!
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        Damnit...I read the first page of comments then about 4 rosters before I realized the link was last year's draft.

I saw B.Wood for $1 and wondered "is he back in the AL?" The prices looked strange for 2012. Then I saw Cuddyer and that was the clincher.
                        lolllll

Comment

Working...
                        X