AL LABR Draft Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL LABR Draft Results

For the 18th consecutive season, fantasy experts from around the country are preparing to take part in the League of Alternative Baseball Reality (LABR) draft.

3B positional scarcity: Longoria $37, A-Rod $37, Bautista $29
    Michael Pineda $11??
    Daniel Bard $5, Bobby Jenks $1 -- should be the other way around IMO
    Billy Butler listed 2x on Wolf/Colton's team - don't know who is missing but their pitching strategy is, um, interesting
    Jake McGee goes $12 as the projected closer
    Ambrosius grabs Liriano/Price/Hughes for $61 in this draft; I paid $32 for that trio in Tout last year
    Minnix goes with Farnsworth/Peralta as Rays closers for $7 combined. I can tell you this - Peralta won't get but a garbage save or two. He's lowest on the totem pole.

Thanks, Jason. When does the NL take place?

Comment

Tonight at 7p ET - live on Sirius/XM radio if you have it

btw, check out Trudeau's pitching staff....

Comment

Kurt Suzuki so good he was bought twice?

Comment

Same with Billy Butler...I'm guessing they'll correct the errors today

Comment

I guess Feliz is being purchased as both a starter and closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              http://content.usatoday.com/communit...asy-draft-al/1

Daniel Bard $5, Bobby Jenks $1 -- should be the other way around IMO
              If neither are closer, Bard will put up better numbers, and I think Bard is more likely to be the heir apparent. Bard is cheaper, younger, doesn't have the baggage, is home grown, and is the better pitcher. I think both are decent buys for $5 or less.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                If neither are closer, Bard will put up better numbers, and I think Bard is more likely to be the heir apparent. Bard is cheaper, younger, doesn't have the baggage, is home grown, and is the better pitcher. I think both are decent buys for $5 or less.
                I find Jenks to be terribly underrated. I just can't see a guy like Francona going to someone that inexperienced over someone with as much experience as Jenks in that role. He stuck through Papelbon through everything last season even with Bard there to take a chance with.

Comment

Chis Liss punted saves.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Updated results to fix the errors

Create online spreadsheets with Google Sheets. Collaborate in real-time from any device and leverage AI to generate formatting, analysis, and more.

Comment

I find Jenks to be terribly underrated. I just can't see a guy like Francona going to someone that inexperienced over someone with as much experience as Jenks in that role. He stuck through Papelbon through everything last season even with Bard there to take a chance with.
                      Really don't think that's how Francona thinks about such things; he's played plenty of rookies and young players over vets.

I do think Jenks' contract size suggests that Theo may have had the pecking order as Jenks/Bard, however. That said, the other reason to wonder is that Jenks still has a health issue whereas Bard (thus far) does not.

Comment

Somebody (here probably, but maybe elsewhere) broke down Bard's high leverage performance and he was absolutely dominant. Somebody referred to him as the high-leverage ace and I remember bits and pieces of something the organization said in support of Bard in that non-closer, high-leverage relief role.

Sorry, I can't remember where or when I read that but it makes me lean the way MJ is thinking on Bard/Jenks. Jenks is also a demonstrated and proven Major League closer.
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Tonight at 7p ET - live on Sirius/XM radio if you have it

btw, check out Trudeau's pitching staff....
                          I signed up for the free Sirius 30-day trial to listen. though, understandably it is mostly commentary. If you go the Twitter feed they should have a link for the Google doc; last night it was filled in real time while the auction was progressing, but seemed to stop at a certain point before being updated this morning.

Comment

I would love to listen to this, but will be unavailable at 7:00 this evening. Will it be webcast anywhere? Is there any way to record it on a laptop for play later? Techies?

Comment

Here's the link to the NL sheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...8H&hl=en#gid=0

Comment

Working...
                              X