Cheap saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap saves

Who are you guys targeting for late round saves?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I went after Fulmer and Puk. I can't see Boxberger lasting very long in a ninth inning role for the Cubs. So, I think it will end up as Fulmer by default there. And I really think Puk has elite closer potential. Although he has to surpass Floro and Barnes. So, Puk is probably more of a second half guy for saves.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This is unlikely to be the case in most leagues, but I was surprised by how cheap I got David Robertson. I think most in my league assume the deep pocketed owner will trade for a closer, but Robertson has been successful before and if given the chance, I think he can run with it. I also got Ottavino as a handcuff for only $1, so its not like my league thought it would be him. And I landed Edwin Diaz for a trade chip or as a keeper next year. Now just waiting for him to be put on the IL. No idea why he isn't on there yet. But I got the trio for the price I thought I'd have to pay for just Robertson.

Another guy, who I did not get, that went cheaper than expected, was AJ Minter. I guess my league has faith that Iglesias' injury is minor.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I went after Fulmer and Puk. I can't see Boxberger lasting very long in a ninth inning role for the Cubs. So, I think it will end up as Fulmer by default there. And I really think Puk has elite closer potential. Although he has to surpass Floro and Barnes. So, Puk is probably more of a second half guy for saves.
        I like Puk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I like Puk.
          Puk yeah!
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Scott McGough Diamondbacks.

Closer in Japan the last couple of years and is the front runner now.

Comment

The A's really want Trevor May to be the guy, so they can deal him away at the deadline. He hasn't pitched well this spring, so you can get him for $1 or so late.

Comment

In our 12 team NL-only, I kept a $3 Hunter Harvey and drafted Yency Almonte late in the reserve rounds. I also kept a $1 final year $1 Floro and an $8 Doval.
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Scott McGough Diamondbacks.

Closer in Japan the last couple of years and is the front runner now.
                  Nice find. I didn't realize he had emerged as the frontrunner to be the primary closer, but it looks like he may have!

Comment

Bryan Baker in Baltimore is a long shot but I like him. Another long shot; Ron Marinaccio. If Holmes gets hurt again or falters, I could see Marinaccio getting a chance. Twelve Ks in 6 IP this spring. I also like Hunter Harvey as ThatRogue mentioned.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Auction starts in 30 mins, thanks!
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Griffin Jax

Comment

I had McGough in my queue but got talked into outbidding the defending champ on Ozuna for my final roster spot. But thankfully he went undrafted so I'll put a FAB on him on Monday as I have to move Altuve to IL.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I've grabbed Graterol in all my leagues, so that assuredly is the wrong decision.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              Griffin Jax
                              Whats the story with Jax - Lopez and Duran both in front of him right?

Comment

Working...
                              X