McClanahan 7
    C Javier 2
    L Severino 2
    L Garcia 10
    B Singer 7
    J Duran 10
    C Holmes 10
    F Bautista 10

Freeze is a couple of weeks away, but as of now I’m leaning towards keeping the bolded players above. I have four due for extension (McShane/Franco/Rosario/Severino) and at the moment I’m planning to extend them each 1 year at $5. Obviously the others above are guys that have been under consideration for keeping this offseason.

Curious what the Pen thinks?
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

I wouldn’t keep Duran. The rest look great. Very strong core!

And in that league format I might keep Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Agree with this. The others all represent a ton of profit. I think you can get Duran (or another speculative closer) for less.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post

I also agree with this. And I agree on the four player extensions. Plus I would also keep Gonzales.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
          29 yr 10 team AL Only 4x4 $260

Won the league last year with this core of potential returners:

J Ramirez 39
          Trout 37
          Franco 10
          Rosario 1
          Miranda 10

O Gonzalez 10
          Massey 6
          Bethancourt 5
          ------
          McClanahan 7
          C Javier 2
          L Severino 2
          L Garcia 10
          B Singer 7
          J Duran 10
          C Holmes 10
          F Bautista 10

Freeze is a couple of weeks away, but as of now I’m leaning towards keeping the bolded players above. I have four due for extension (McShane/Franco/Rosario/Severino) and at the moment I’m planning to extend them each 1 year at $5. Obviously the others above are guys that have been under consideration for keeping this offseason.

Curious what the Pen thinks?
          In general I agree with your plan...don't love keeping three closers, any chance you could move Duran/Holmes for a better hitting option ? You don't have a lot of hitters being kept. Trout could be kept depending on what you think his chances of playing more than 100 games are. Kind of risky for a strong team
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

In general I agree with your plan...don't love keeping three closers, any chance you could move Duran/Holmes for a better hitting option ? You don't have a lot of hitters being kept. Trout could be kept depending on what you think his chances of playing more than 100 games are. Kind of risky for a strong team
            Apologies to Cool Hand but I don't see this as a particularly strong group of keepers for a 10 team league especially with the extensions. I would start by dealing one of your starters and one of your closers for bats. Trout is iffy at 37 but you may need to keep him if you can't beef up the bats.

Comment

I guess everyone loves your squad except me. Just how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Apologies to Cool Hand but I don't see this as a particularly strong group of keepers for a 10 team league especially with the extensions. I would start by dealing one of your starters and one of your closers for bats. Trout is iffy at 37 but you may need to keep him if you can't beef up the bats.
                for a 10 team AL only league I think it is a great set of keepers. Too strong on closers, and light on bats....but really strong imo
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Interesting comments. Curious if the guys that said cut Duran play in only leagues? IMO, closers are solid gold in only leagues, and I dont mind coming into a draft with 3 strong closer/closer candidates for $30. As a point of reference, if say a Romano type was available at draft, he'd likely go over 30 in this league. Duran has the feel of a long term guy, to me, whether he gets the closer role this year or not - his stats are worth 10 w/o a ton of saves. I had Munoz tied to Severino and had to cut him, I'd have loved to have kept him too!

I like to use LABR/Tout al auction results for valuations - over the years those 12 teamers have come fairly close to our 10 team draft values with inflation. I apply factors to their salary tiers to even them out a bit. According to LABR, i've got $146 in pitching value for $68. I'm expecting the staff to be fairly dominant. I'll add another P for $2, and that will leave $120 for 10 more sticks. $12 per open slot is typically in the upper third of the league, so I should be able to make some noise on offense. Having a balanced team pre-draft is pretty negligible to me, as long as the value is there.

I like all of the non-bolded guys I listed above, and they're close to keepers for me, but I think I can get them at or under those values in draft. It's debatable if I could get Trout at that price, but Alvarez and Judge are both available this year, and I'd like to make a run at one of them.

Thanks for the comments - I love the pos/neg feedback!

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I play in only leagues and they tend to be deep leagues, but 5x5. Still, unclear what the situation is in MN. Duran could have value of course, but what will he cost at auction if he’s not the clear closer?

Comment

Well, Eno Sarris paid $15 for him in LABR, and Eno is among the touts I respect most. I think he'd likely go for at least that in this league. I do think he'll probably split closing time all season, though.

Current Lineup:

Comment

I wound up trading Garcia 10/Singer 7 for Glasnow 3. With the strength at the top of my rotation, I felt I could take on a little risk and add some draft capital. Hope I didnt wind up giving up too much value.

Current Lineup:

Comment

everyone saying to drop duran and keep holmes must hate Ks and ratios. If Im choosing to drop one of the 3, it is Holmes easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X