2k13: Allen "The Wrench" Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james33 View Post
    Wondering how long to extend him, in an NL-only league with 30% inflation.

$6 through 2014
    $11 through 2015
    $16 through 2016
    $21 through 2017
    im guessing that you guys that wont go to $16 dont play much NL-only, Craig will go for minimum $20, and over $25 in plenty of 12 team leagues, id bet $19 or $20 in most 10 teamers. His positional flexability helps more in onlies as well.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
      JC, the projection your comfortable with was reached or exceeded by 4 players last year and just 13 total instances the last two years spread among 10 players (Cano, Miggy, and Braun 2x) so I think it's more than reasonable to take him in the 2nd round of that 15-team NFBC league like I did since he likely wouldn't have gotten back to me in the late-3rd. And I've taken him in the 3rd round of three other mocks.

His 162-game average the last two years is .309-92-28-111 and 6 SBs just for good measure. That's why I think health alone makes him worthy of such high regard as opposed to needing health AND skill improvement.

I would also note that simply repeating 2012 wouldn't be problematic at all. Only Miggy and Braun have reached or exceeded his .307-76-22-92 line each of the last two years while 12 others, including Craig of course, have hit the thresholds once.

Unfortunately, I'm such an incredible pioneer that Craig's ADP is now 38th over at MDC through 89 qualifying drafts. At least a couple of these leagues where I got him are going to be played out.

Also, LOL at "The Sporer"!!
      This is a GREAT thread. Maybe I'm missing something but how can you project a guy over 162 games when the most games he's ever played is 129, 126 and 119? Too many ifs and butts for me to even think about him in the 2nd. Perhaps this newbie needs a lesson on value. I don't see how you can accurately value any player by just his stats and what round or how much he cost. Doesn't a guys value also depend on the value returned with ALL your other picks? Also, there is value in playing time and consistancy, no? I thought the idea was to limit risk, especially early or with your high dollar guys.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
        This is a GREAT thread. Maybe I'm missing something but how can you project a guy over 162 games when the most games he's ever played is 129, 126 and 119? Too many ifs and butts for me to even think about him in the 2nd. Perhaps this newbie needs a lesson on value. I don't see how you can accurately value any player by just his stats and what round or how much he cost. Doesn't a guys value also depend on the value returned with ALL your other picks? Also, there is value in playing time and consistancy, no? I thought the idea was to limit risk, especially early or with your high dollar guys.
        I don't think it's too many ifs & buts. It's one: health. I don't need his skill to improve as we do when projecting say a Machado. The skill is there and it's plentiful. I'm betting on health and while it hasn't been there yet, I'm still OK betting on it especially when the I see him put up a season's worth of numbers in 119 games as he did last year. I'll take his skill all day.

There is definitely value in playing time & consistency, btw. You have that right, but that doesn't mean you can't throw a a higher risk guy in the mix, too. Those types panning out is what aids a championship run.

Comment

I don't think it's too many ifs & buts. It's one: health. I don't need his skill to improve as we do when projecting say a Machado. The skill is there and it's plentiful. I'm betting on health and while it hasn't been there yet, I'm still OK betting on it especially when the I see him put up a season's worth of numbers in 119 games as he did last year. I'll take his skill all day.

There is definitely value in playing time & consistency, btw. You have that right, but that doesn't mean you can't throw a a higher risk guy in the mix, too. Those types panning out is what aids a championship run.
          You're right, it is only 1. You're also right that you need to take some risk in every draft or auction. I like to grab guys I like regardless of ADP too just not quite that early but I certainly see the upside and temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
            You're right, it is only 1. You're also right that you need to take some risk in every draft or auction. I like to grab guys I like regardless of ADP too just not quite that early but I certainly see the upside and temptation.
            Turns out I'm not early via ADP, though.

Comment

Got him for $1 in my league. Love the Craig!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Got him for $1 in my league. Love the Craig!
                Sweet value there!

Comment

Sweet value there!
                  I took him as a $1 flyer at the draft last season..stashed him on the DL.. Reaped the benefits when he came back.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                  X