2K13 - Robinson Cano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13 - Robinson Cano

2012 was the 1st season Robinson Cano struggled facing LHP. I take a look into what happened ($) http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19387

Interesting stuff. He hit .239-6-26 in 243 AB against lefties, and .359-27-68 in 384 AB against righties. That seems like an awful lot of ABs against lefties (38.7%). His K and BB rates were still not terrible... most people would kill for a 7.4% walk rate and 17.5% K rate, and that's what Robbie did against lefties.

His overall numbers: .313-33-94-105r-3sb, 8.8% walk rate, 13.8% K rate, .326 BABIP. He had an amazing 25.6% LD rate. He only hit 25.8% of his balls into the air, and had a 48.7% GB rate, his highest since 2007. That could start to cut into his HR totals at some point.

He's played in at least 159 games every year since 2006. That's pretty nice.

Put me down for .323-26-100-95r-3sb.

Comment

Stud 2B with a great profile, slight little wart with the hiccup against LHP in 2012 but hard to bet against him with his profile, team, lineup spot, track record etc.

Good write-up MJ.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

The ALE has done their share of adding LHP to the mix. I haven't crunched the numbers, but they seem to have focused on adding both LHSP & LHRP to the fold to deal with the division's tougher hitters.

Comment

AL East Left-Handed Pitchers:

Orioles - Wei Yen Chiun, Zach Britton, Troy Patton, Brian Matusz

Red Sox - Jon Lester, Felix Doubront, Andrew Miller, Craig Breslow

Yankees - CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, Boone Logan, Clay Rapada

Rays - David Price, Matt Moore, Jake McGee, Cesar Ramos

Blue Jays - Mark Buehrle, Ricky Romero, J.A. Happ, Evan Crawford, Brett Cecil

Comment

Working...
          X