2K23: Fernando Tatis Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Fernando Tatis Jr.

Contemplating a trade for final-year Tatis at $32 in NL 5x5. No idea what to expect from Tatis though.

Clearly he was a stud. But then steroids followed by multiple injuries. Tatis sold for $34 in LABR NL.

Good risk/reward gamble? Stay away?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Contemplating a trade for final-year Tatis at $32 in NL 5x5. No idea what to expect from Tatis though.

Clearly he was a stud. But then steroids followed by multiple injuries. Tatis sold for $34 in LABR NL.

Good risk/reward gamble? Stay away?
    Since you are in a keeper league I assume there is some level of inflation at play. so 32 seems likely to be a good deal, although it carries some risk. Is your team in a position that you want to take on the risk is the question I would ask. In general I think it would be a good play...but really depends on how your team is set up, as well as what you would have to give up to get him.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Since you are in a keeper league I assume there is some level of inflation at play. so 32 seems likely to be a good deal, although it carries some risk. Is your team in a position that you want to take on the risk is the question I would ask. In general I think it would be a good play...but really depends on how your team is set up, as well as what you would have to give up to get him.
      I am in agreement with Feral on this one.

What would you have to give up?

Comment

If my team is good I don't think I want to take on the Tatis risk for 12% of my roster value.

If my team is bad and I don't have a chance to compete then I don't want to take on an expiring contract, at least for anything of value in return that may be useful to me later.

I guess this really only plays up for a mediocre team that wants a hail mary play. That's definitely a scenario that exists but if I'm making a trade for an expiring Tatis I would want that to be the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          If my team is good I don't think I want to take on the Tatis risk for 12% of my roster value.

If my team is bad and I don't have a chance to compete then I don't want to take on an expiring contract, at least for anything of value in return that may be useful to me later.

I guess this really only plays up for a mediocre team that wants a hail mary play. That's definitely a scenario that exists but if I'm making a trade for an expiring Tatis I would want that to be the plan.
          I pretty much agree with this. I would add that if you have a "good" team and not a "very good" team that has a good chance to win, you should consider if Tatis could push you from a money winner to a league winner. He could also push you from a money winner to a mediocre finish.
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks all. Ken, that’s generally what I was thinking. I have a very solid keeper list, so probably not worth the risk. But sure is tempting given his past success.

Comment

Working...
            X