No announcement yet.

Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking that Jasvy Guerra is the closer next season in LA...he's been nails all year long, and has pretty well held Jansen off for the job.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• ok who is this jim johnson in Bal. We have restricted pick-ups and I have one left--is he worth it?

sign: disgruntled F. Salas owner

Comment

• I've noted how Parnell needs an optimal set of leads to get back in the groove.
        Today, almost a worst-case scenario.

Mets trail, 3-0, bottom 8th. My speculation based on supposition and not hard evidence (though the correlations between my back-of-the-napkin amateur psychological analysis of this guy and actual results continue) on Parnell is he doesn't have a good head for the game. Has he mentally checked out at that point since he'll have the day off? The profiling says yes.

Mets score FOUR runs in the 8th. Parnell won't pitch, I don't think, if they score 0-1-2. Not sure re 3, while 5 and 6 make it an easy SV and more might sit him down as there's no save to be had. So of course the Mets score four.

Parnell on for the 4-3 lead, SV opp. Wright commits error to leadoff batter - more, er, suboptimal external circumstances for this guy.
        LaHair doubles, 2nd and 3rd, none out, dangerous Castro up - but he grounds to Parnell. One out.

Reed Johnson down 0-2, works it to the 8th pitch - and strikes out. That's what Parnell can do.

Aramis up, so they walk him with slap-hitter Campana up next. No, they do NOT do that. They pitch to Aramis even though the go-ahead run already is on 2nd base. Only reason I can think of is they'd expect Parnell to choke and walk Campana.

Aramis singles to right, tying and go-ahead unearned runs score, Mets lose 5-4.

The gods are not on Mr. Parnell's side, and neither is that melon above his neck.

Farnsworth thru 2010, 2.0

Parnell 25 pitches today, would be Acosta Sunday I presume (8 pm national 9-11 home game vs Cubs, will be intense pre-game, not so much 3 hours later perhaps).
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• finally had a chance to add jason motte thursday. between him and salas i may get another save, but i doubt it. ... still he'll be $6 next year in a 4x4 NL-only so i will probably keep him.

Comment

Working...
          X