No announcement yet.

Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... another blown save by Franklin. How much longer can this go on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Colorado View Post
      So... another blown save by Franklin. How much longer can this go on?
      Can't be much longer, only question is who will replace him?

Comment

• I dunno. LaRussa is stubbornly loyal, although he yanked Motte very early in 09. I think Franklin could get a blow to clear his head and then LaRussa comes back with him once Franklin regains form.

If I am ranking the possible replacemanrts
        Boggs
        Motte
        Batista
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Does Franklin have pictures of LaRussa with farm animals?

I just picked up Motte. Someone else already has Boggs

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Never confuse the issue by bringing up the facts.
            Right you are. Just looked at the game logs. I thought it was a few games, but it was, indeed, just 1 ugly game to start the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              Right you are. Just looked at the game logs. I thought it was a few games, but it was, indeed, just 1 ugly game to start the year.
              I remember that well. I spent $29 on Motte that year!

Comment

• NAthan has been removed in favor of Capps.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Broxton.........still sucks.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The available closer prices in my keeper NL 12-team 5x5 auction this year:

Broxton 35
                    BWilson 33-DL
                    FCordero 25
                    K-Rod 25 (with a contract controversy)
                    Lidge 10-DL half-season

No thanks. I'll tough it out and then pick up some SV midseason from the teams who can't contend - in part because they waste so much money on closers...
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Storen with the save despite pitching a 2nd inning and Burnett readily available. He now has a sub-1.00 ERA and sub 0.90 WHIP. How much longer until Burnett gets put back into an 8th inning role?

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                        I remember that well. I spent $29 on Motte that year!
                        I remember that because I was the one that bid $28.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Storen with the save despite pitching a 2nd inning and Burnett readily available. He now has a sub-1.00 ERA and sub 0.90 WHIP. How much longer until Burnett gets put back into an 8th inning role?
                          It's noteworthy to me that Storen was brought in in the 8th. By the time the 9th inning came around, it wasn't a save situation anymore. It would've been REALLY interesting to see if Storen would've went back out for the 9th if Washington hadn't scored another run in the bottom of the 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                            It's noteworthy to me that Storen was brought in in the 8th. By the time the 9th inning came around, it wasn't a save situation anymore. It would've been REALLY interesting to see if Storen would've went back out for the 9th if Washington hadn't scored another run in the bottom of the 8th.
                            Good point -- I was basing my comment on the Rotoworld blurb instead of looking at the boxscore. Bad job outta me. Still, Storen has been lights out thus far and is ordained as their closer (or so my Washington-based RJ friends tell me, since he's part of their big prospect triumvirate).

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue on 4/13 View Post
                              I wonder if Ozzie misses Bobby Jenks, who hasn't given up a run in 4 games (4IP, 0H, 2BB, 5K) with the Sawx.

(Oh yeah...LOL at small sample sizes.)
                              Wait...I can't remember chancellor and I agreeing this often back on the old site:

Originally posted by chancellor on 4/14 View Post
                              Ozzie Guillen wants to bring back Thigpen. I'm hoping Bobby Jenks has taken the time to text Ozzie something along the lines of "Miss me yet?"
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Storen with the save despite pitching a 2nd inning and Burnett readily available. He now has a sub-1.00 ERA and sub 0.90 WHIP. How much longer until Burnett gets put back into an 8th inning role?
                                Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                                And, at the time, CBS Gamecast showed Burnett warming up to pitch the 9th.
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X