industry mock draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great discussion on this.

I'm definitely bullish on both Allen Craig and Giancarlo Stanton and I feel comfortable with both of them. Headley is a guy whom I just doubt comes anything close to '12 again in terms of power. (I know you are just giving an example, Cavebird). 3B is kind of weird this year I think.

Fun to see it play out.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Sporer is the Allen Craig trendsetter!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Lawr took Moore 3 spots before me

Comment

- I agree with Erik that Posey at #8 is pretty high.
          - I agree with Stephen that Harper is pretty high, and taking him over Wonderboy is nuts.
          - Yu Darvish that high is nucking futs
          - David Wright is a steal in Rd 3
          - Trumbo in Rd 4 is a big reach considering he doesn't get steals and he hasn't been scoring runs, either
          - big Brett Lawrie fan, but his stats last year do not justify his lofty draft selection
          - Adrian Gonzalez in Rd 4 is a steal
          - Verlander/Kershaw combo is nasty, but that's a lot of offense to make up

Comment

I'm updating the 1st post in the thread as the draft goes on

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              The 4th rounds seems a little early for Allen Craig, and while I like Giancarlo Stanton, there were "safer" round one choices (given the lineup the Marlins will put around him)
              Listen to his podcast and the pick will not surprise you. Jason and Paul are crazy bullish it seems on Craig though personally I'm with you that there are question marks with both players.

Comment

Asdrubal Cabrera in the 5th? I don't see that working out. Owned him last year and he was more like a 10th rd value, if that.

Comment

One difference between a draft and an auction is that in an auction you normally outbid somebody by a dollar so it can be seen that at least one other team valued the player that high. In a draft you can make shocking selections.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    One difference between a draft and an auction is that in an auction you normally outbid somebody by a dollar so it can be seen that at least one other team valued the player that high. In a draft you can make shocking selections.
                    With the exceptions being when you throw someone out for too high of a price and get crickets, or in the endgame when other owners would love to bid on someone but can't due to roster space or lack of money, and you get some crazy screaming deals (or the opposite when 3 people need a SS and all have plenty of money, and one of them ends up paying $24 for Cliff Pennington). Just making the point that auction values (esp fringe guys) can be unique to the dynamics of that particular auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      Is that Lawr that took Jason Heyward in the 2nd round? I like him this year too, but 23rd overall?
                      Absolutely. I'm kinda surprised he didn't go late-first in a 15-teamer. His 27 HR, 82 RBI, 93 R, 21 SB is a huge line. Only Trout and Braun did the same or better last year. Only Braun and four others in 2011. I'd have taken him ahead of Harper, Hamilton, Reyes, and Kinsler in the 2nd round. I personally would've also taken him ahead of the SPs because I don't take SPs that early, but I have no problem with JV and Felix there for someone else. So Upton is the only 2nd rounder I'd take ahead of Heyward of the 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                        I like Stanton, but when Justin Ruggiano is your protection, no one is ever going to pitch to him.
                        Who has that ever really hurt? Who protected him last year? I don't think it was Hanley even when he was there. Stanton raked in all 4 lineup spots he spent time in last year. This is a bogus argument, IMO and not something I'd give any real consideration to when deciding on Stanton.

I took him 4th overall in a mock for the Fantasy Fix's upcoming kit.
                        Last edited by ; 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM. Reason: changed rake to raked.

Comment

I agree with Paul on this one. His RBI numbers won't be as stellar as they could be if he was playing on a non-AAA team, but he'll hit.

Comment

bump city -- half way through the 7th round

as far as lineup protection, read http://www.sabernomics.com/sabernomi...-doesnt-exist/

Comment

That Michaels guys must have a major mancrush on Erick Aybar. Second straight year he royally reached on the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                That Michaels guys must have a major mancrush on Erick Aybar. Second straight year he royally reached on the guy.
                                he does smoke a lot of weed....
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X