Brandon Morrow or Carlos Santana???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Morrow or Carlos Santana???

In a 12-team, AL-only, 5x5, I have a $6 V-Mart (and Iannetta at $10 as my second catcher if need be), so I'm considering Carlos Santana trade options. I have been offered Brandon Morrow ($16) for Carlos Santana ($15). I like Morrow well-enough and he's coming off his best season, but good hitting catchers are hard to find and can Morrow repeat last year's ERA/WHIP (which also came with a reduced K/9, 10.2 to 7.8). Plus, Morrow remains injury prone. Thoughts???
    Brandon Morrow
    0%
    Carlos Santana
    0%
    Fairly equal value
    0%

I like Morrow also but I'll always take the hitter as the keeper if they are close in price and talent. You can always find good value pitchers in the draft. Top notch catchers in 2 catcher leagues always come at a premium.

Comment

Personally, I'd shop Santana some more and see what offers you might get. Pitcher vs. hitter and I'd usually take the hitter. Morrow hasn't shown he can stay healthy for a whole season, and I don't trust that track record

Comment

It's not bad since you do have a cheap VMart, so I said it's fairly valued.

Comment

But is V-Mart catcher eligible? In CBS leagues, he's only eligible at DH or Utility since he missed all of last season.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            But is V-Mart catcher eligible? In CBS leagues, he's only eligible at DH or Utility since he missed all of last season.
            In this league, if a player doesn't play at all in the previous season, he qualifies based upon his last MLB season played

Comment

OK, I guess that I think that Santana can bring more in an only league, or you can try to trade V-Mart to him. I just don't trust Morrow to stay healthy...only 124 IP last year, and a high of 179. Just too iffy for my tastes.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks for the input. I decided to pass on Morrow. Too many questions involved for me to give-up potentially the league's top hitting catcher at $15. Morrow was a little lucky last year...his .252 BABIP was unsustainably low and the big drop-off in K/9 (while possibly making him a better pitcher) lessens some of his his fantasy appeal. I'll either find a more "sure thing" or live with a Santana and V-Mart catching combo for $21 combined (which appeals to me a lot).

Comment

Working...
                X