Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Leony's Martin time of service please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Leony's Martin time of service please.

Can someone tell me how many days before Sept. 1 Martin was up with the big club? I do not need games played or innings. I need to know how many days for last year. 45 or less he is free. More than 45 he is not.

Thank you.

Here's something...his actual debut was September 2, 2011.

It took Martin less than a year to reach the major leagues. On August 30th, he was called up to the majors when the Rangers placed Nelson Cruz on the disabled list with a strained hamstring, although for the time being Endy Chavez, like Martín a fast lefthanded batter able to play all outfield positions, was slated to fill in as the starter for the injured Cruz. He made his debut against the Boston Red Sox on September 2nd and singled off Tim Wakefield in his first at-bat as a pinch-hitter for Josh Hamilton in the 8th inning. He then took over for Hamilton in center field. He went 3 for 8 in 8 games in his first taste of the majors, then returned to Round Rock to begin the 2012 season. He was hitting .344 with 9 doubles, 5 homers and 22 RBI in 31 games when he was called-up to Texas on June 15th after Hamilton was temporarily laid down with a stomach virus.
    Last edited by Hornsby; 01-13-2013, 11:36 AM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Here are his relevant transactions:
      March 24, 2012: Optioned to Round Rock
      June 15, 2012: Recalled by Texas
      July 30, 2012: Optioned to Round Rock
      August 17, 2012: Recalled by Texas
      August 20, 2012: Optioned to Round Rock
      September 1, 2012: Recalled by Texas
      Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

In 2011 his option was recalled on August 30. I don't know if you care about major league service days in 2011.

I count 48 days in 2012 prior to September, so it may be moot.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

One thought: Most of us less, er, literal leagues just ignore the 45-day service portion of the rookie rule and go by the MLB career 130 AB or 50 IP.

#justsayin
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If the question is when he officially crossed the rookie milestone according to MLB rules, that date was July 27, 2012.

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

I remembered that our constitution had 130 innings for hitters, 50 innings for pitchers. I checked back and it also has the 45 day roster rule.

That makes Martin $15B going into this year. Since I cannot keep him as a free rookie I decided to trade him.

Comment

Working...
              X