Help with my AL 5x5 keepers please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my AL 5x5 keepers please.

AL only 5x5 $260 budget. 23 man rosters, 17 man reserves. A contracts go to B. B contracts become C (last year unless extended at $5 per year). FA are done after this year. F are free then become that salary after this year. We can keep 15 plus 3 F contracts.

I have been offered Ogando 6B or Hughes 11A and choice of rookie Mason Williams 15F (free) or James Paxon 10F (free) or Taylor Guerreri5F for Morneau 23A?

I appreciate any input to my keeper list as well as trade thoughts.

Batters
    Contracts
    Pos Active Batters Salary Contract
    C Conger, Hank(C) LAA 2 A
    C Doumit, Ryan(C,OF) MIN 8 A
    1B Morneau, Justin(1B) MIN 23 A
    2B Kendrick, Howard(2B) LAA 21 B
    2B Kinsler, Ian(2B) TEX 27 B
    SS Escobar, Yunel(SS) TB 13 B
    CI Moss, Brandon(1B,OF) OAK 16 FA
    OF Bautista, Jose(OF) TOR 14 Z
    OF Crisp, Coco(OF) OAK 14 B
    OF Joyce, Matt(OF) TB 10 Y
    OF Martin, Leonys(OF) TEX 15 F
    OF Rasmus, Colby(OF) TOR 19 A
    OF Willingham, Josh(OF) MIN 15 B

Bench (SS) Colon, Christain(SS) KC 5 F
    Bench (OF) Crouse, Michael(OF) TOR 5 F
    Pitchers
    Contracts
    Pos Active Pitchers Salary Contract
    SP Archer, Chris(SP) TB 10 A
    SP Beavan, Blake(SP) SEA 10 FA
    SP Peavy, Jake(SP) CHW 14 A
    RP Janssen, Casey(RP) TOR 1 A
    RP Ross, Robbie(RP) TEX 5 A
    RP Wilhelmsen, Tom(RP) SEA 5 FA

Bench (RP) Johnson, Steve(RP) BAL 7 FA
    Bench (RP) Strop, Pedro(RP) BAL 5 FA

I would take either Ogando or Hughes for Mourneau. He's way too injury prone and you never know what you are getting with him. Asa far as which minor league guy, I'm not sure. I have a lot of work to do in catching up on minor league value and it's all lottery tickets anyway so who knows.

What does Z indicate?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      I would take either Ogando or Hughes for Mourneau. He's way too injury prone and you never know what you are getting with him. Asa far as which minor league guy, I'm not sure. I have a lot of work to do in catching up on minor league value and it's all lottery tickets anyway so who knows.

What does Z indicate?
      I extended Bautista I have him this year and next at that price.

Comment

I'd take Ogando and Guerreiri for Morneau. Paxton is a flight risk as the Mariners could end up trading him and a few scouts only see him as a reliever.

Comment

Batters
          Contracts
          Pos Active Batters Salary Contract

C Doumit, Ryan(C,OF) MIN 8 A Not bad value in a 1 catcher league. Good value in a 2 catcher league.
          2B Kendrick, Howard(2B) LAA 21 B - Given the likely inflation you'll have, I'd probably keep him at this price.
          2B Kinsler, Ian(2B) TEX 27 B - Not in love with him but not sure he'd come any cheaper if you throw him back. Alot of his value comes from plate appearances.
          SS Escobar, Yunel(SS) TB 13 B - Same thing as Kinsler. I would probably throw him back. Wouldn't blame anyone if they wanted to keep him at this price either.
          OF Bautista, Jose(OF) TOR 14 Z
          OF Crisp, Coco(OF) OAK 14 B - Good value. Hope he stays healthy
          OF Joyce, Matt(OF) TB 10 Y
          OF Martin, Leonys(OF) TEX 15 F - Might contribute this year but that price prevents him from being a long term keeper
          OF Willingham, Josh(OF) MIN 15 B - Everyone rags on the guy but I like him at this price.

Bench (SS) Colon, Christain(SS) KC 5 F
          Bench (OF) Crouse, Michael(OF) TOR 5 F
          Pitchers
          Contracts
          Pos Active Pitchers Salary Contract
          SP Archer, Chris(SP) TB 10 A - I like Archer. However I'd throw him back and hope you can get him for $10 or less. The contract rolling back a year is the key here.
          SP Peavy, Jake(SP) CHW 14 A - Doubt we will see a full repeat but that's still a fair price.
          RP Janssen, Casey(RP) TOR 1 A - Even if he doesn't close all year he's worth the buck.
          RP Wilhelmsen, Tom(RP) SEA 5 FA - For sure.

As for the trade, listen to Jason. Then drop a F player.

Comment

Working...
          X