SS Y.Escobar $11
    Of Granderson $30
    Of Mastroianni $3
    Of Gentry $1
    SP Kuroda $23
    SP Holland $11
    SP Pettitte $15
    RP/SP? R.Ross $2

That's everyone that I would consider and can take em all in if I wanted to. Won the league last yr and don't have much to carry into 2014. 6 hitters went in the $40+ range in last yr draft. Top pitchers went $34+

Thanks

C Mauer $22 - If it's a 2 catcher league. He carries some value at this price. I'd rather deal him than keep him.
    1B Konerko $19 - Fair enough price for proven talent.
    2B Cano $29- This is a great value for Cano.
    SS Y.Escobar $11 - Fair price. Would consider keeping him.
    Of Granderson $30 - Seems a bit high but if inflation is going to run 20-30% you have to consider him.
    Of Mastroianni $3 - Worth the cheap speed.
    Of Gentry $1 - Wait and see if Texas is done adding players. Right now I say yes.
    SP Kuroda $23 - I know he was pretty good last year but I don't want to pay that price this year.
    SP Holland $11 - Upside is there, not a great deal but fair.
    SP Pettitte $15 - I would toss him back or try to package him in a deal. Just don't trust him to stay healthy and earn that price.
    RP/SP? R.Ross $2 - Wait and see how the roles/injuries work themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by axman View Post
      C Mauer $22 - If it's a 2 catcher league. He carries some value at this price. I'd rather deal him than keep him.
      1B Konerko $19 - Fair enough price for proven talent.
      2B Cano $29- This is a great value for Cano.
      SS Y.Escobar $11 - Fair price. Would consider keeping him.
      Of Granderson $30 - Seems a bit high but if inflation is going to run 20-30% you have to consider him.
      Of Mastroianni $3 - Worth the cheap speed.
      Of Gentry $1 - Wait and see if Texas is done adding players. Right now I say yes.
      SP Kuroda $23 - I know he was pretty good last year but I don't want to pay that price this year.
      SP Holland $11 - Upside is there, not a great deal but fair.
      SP Pettitte $15 - I would toss him back or try to package him in a deal. Just don't trust him to stay healthy and earn that price.
      RP/SP? R.Ross $2 - Wait and see how the roles/injuries work themselves out.
      I agree with this. Is this an SOL league? There is a minor chance Granderson gets moved.

Comment

C Mauer $22 - At value plus or minus a buck or two
        1B Konerko $19 - Same as Mauer, at value +/-. And he's 50 years old.
        2B Cano $29 - Maybe a bit overpriced, but with inflation a definite keeper
        SS Y.Escobar $11 - Way overpriced. You could use your $11 elsewhere. You won last year, so we know you are good in an auction.
        Of Granderson $30 - Overpriced by a nickel or so. I wouldn't keep him. He will take some walks, but hits are a different question.
        Of Mastroianni $3 - Excellent spec play, potentially a huge bargain at almost no investment.
        Of Gentry $1 - He's a one dollar player for one dollar. Is he really the one dollar guy you want? Pass.
        SP Kuroda $23 - I like this guy, but he's overpriced by half. If you love him, keep him. Otherwise, put him on someone another owner's freeze roster.
        SP Holland $11 - Not a bargain, but some good upside. I'd probably give him a shot.
        SP Pettitte $15 - Nope. If he pitches 175 innings, he would be worth it, but I would take the under on that play.
        RP/SP? R.Ross $2 - Run away.

So I'd say your big decisions are whether you want to keep Mauer and Konerko at value, with inflation considerations; whether you see something in Escobar that would make you overpay substantially for him; whether you want to clog a roster spot with Craig Gentry (hey, I owned him last year...I've still got the bruises to show for it); whether you are crushing Kuroda; and whether you agree that Holland has a nice upside.

You've got some rebuilding to do, unless you have a killer draft, and a killer draft will be easier to accomplish if you clear out a little deadwood.

All that said, I'd keep Mauer, Cano, Mastroianni, and Holland. That's a short list, but it mixes a couple of proven, dependable guys with a couple of cheap guys with substantial upsides. It's scary to go in with only 4 guys, but every year I see guys take themselves out of contention, before the auction, by freezing a bunch of marginal guys or worse.

Hey, that's just my opinion. Hope it helped some.

Comment

So I got someone to take Granderson for a reserve draft pick and Eddie Rosario and traded Pettitte for 12th pick in reserve draft.

I am trying to trade $22 Mauer. Would J. Parker at $13 2 yrs be a good swap for me? I would take Holland and him in as my 2 pitcher keepers. I may be able to trade Kuroda for a $14 Doumit to take in as may catcher.

Comment

Are Plouffe at $5 and Dozier $5 players that would be good to take in? Playing everyday with potential to at least double their value? I think Plouffe could be a cheap source for 20hr and Dozier could be a 10hr/15sb guy.

I have an owner that may trade me them for a reserve draft pick. He has too many keepers.

Comment

Working...
            X