Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stolen bases in later years

enjoyed this read http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...ed-later-years

I actually found it to be the intro to an articale that I want to read but doesn't exist.

I read it (as I suspect most would) to see if there are any patterns that would help to predict which players might tend to improve their SBs numbers as they age. The only reference is the quote at the end, "Chances are most of these players adapted as Crisp has learned to do, to rely more on better reads and instincts than improved foot speed in the later stages of their careers."

Obviously the numbers alone wouldn't be able to tell that ... maybe we could track IQ as a stat???
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I actually found it to be the intro to an articale that I want to read but doesn't exist.

I read it (as I suspect most would) to see if there are any patterns that would help to predict which players might tend to improve their SBs numbers as they age. The only reference is the quote at the end, "Chances are most of these players adapted as Crisp has learned to do, to rely more on better reads and instincts than improved foot speed in the later stages of their careers."

Obviously the numbers alone wouldn't be able to tell that ... maybe we could track IQ as a stat???
      There is IQ and BIQ (Baseball IQ). What about CSIQ? Common Sense IQ?

Comment

Working...
      X