2K13: Curtis Granderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Curtis Granderson

Curtis Granderson adjusted something in his swing in late part of 2010. If we remember, he had struggled pretty bad most of his first season with NYY, and then following the tweak he became a massive run producer.

At this point, Granderson is 32 and has traded all of his contact for power. He hit 40 HRs again in 2012 but he has a ton of holes in his swing and really relies on the favorable home park. He was still worth $22 bucks last year despite a .232 BA. His walk rate is still in the double digits but because of his poor contact rate, his EYE (BB/K) really is below average.

In the 2nd half of 2012, he couldn't hit LHP and it ended up dropping him in the lineup which began to affect some of his counting stats. He had been entrenched in the 2-hole for most of '11 ad the first half of '12, but eventually enough was enough.

He's still going to give you elite power and the Runs and RBI, but the BA is going to have to be managed and I don't think we more than 15 SBs from him again.

What do you guys think on Granderson for '13?

I'll project:

.239 BA
    36 HRs
    99 RBI
    99 Runs
    14 SBs
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

My projection:

.245, 35 hr, 92 rbi, 85 runs, 8 sb

I think he'll consistently go too high/for too much in most leagues.

Comment

Working...
    X