2k13: Lonnie Chisenhall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k13: Lonnie Chisenhall

2012: 151 PA, 268/311/430, 5 HR, 5.3% walk rate, 17.9% K rate, .300 BABIP... also this

On June 29, Chisenhall was hit on the right wrist by the Baltimore Orioles Troy Patton. The hit-by-pitch broke Chisenhall’s right ulna bone, resulting in surgery and sidelining the budding third baseman for eight to 10 weeks of the season.

He's going into 2013 as the starter. His combined 2011-2012 stats are 354 AB, .260-12-38-43r-3sb.

He's a career .271 hitter in 266 AB vR and .227 in 88 AB vL, but it's a small sample and he has a higher SLG vL.

Bill James, ever the optimist, has a somewhat realistic 557 PA, .262-18-74-75r-3sb projection down. I don't think the AVG will be quite that bad, but I worry about the wrist sapping his power early in the season.

Put me down for .276-15-80-65r-2sb.

With Mike Aviles on the roster and currently no place to play, I think Chisenhall is a huge gamble. He has to have a solid spring training and then hit well into the season to fend him off, so there's no way I'd predict anything close to 557 PAs for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with under 400 PAs. I'd only take him with a late round flyer pick and hope he has a Kyle Seager-type breakout.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      With Mike Aviles on the roster and currently no place to play, I think Chisenhall is a huge gamble. He has to have a solid spring training and then hit well into the season to fend him off, so there's no way I'd predict anything close to 557 PAs for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with under 400 PAs. I'd only take him with a late round flyer pick and hope he has a Kyle Seager-type breakout.
      this pretty much is where I stand too. I was a big Chisenhall fan the past couple of years stashing him on my farm, and tracked him closely ... I agree, at this point with Aviles behind him, single digit bids only.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I know where you're coming from but the Tribe management has indicated they are committed to Chisenhall at third base this season. I think Aviles is intended to be a strong utility player rather than a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
          I know where you're coming from but the Tribe management has indicated they are committed to Chisenhall at third base this season. I think Aviles is intended to be a strong utility player rather than a starter.
          Well, they can claim that, but his performance is going to drive his playing time. If he plays the way he did the last two partial seasons, Aviles will be the man there.

Comment

Well, they can claim that, but his performance is going to drive his playing time. If he plays the way he did the last two partial seasons, Aviles will be the man there.
            Right now, mlbdepthcharts has someone named Chris McGuinness at DH. I guess Yan Gomes and Matt Laporta could also be in the mix. The Tribe is very light on hitters in the upper minors. So, they have room for 2 hitters.

Also, Aviles playing 3B against lefties probably wouldn't hurt Chisenhall's value a ton anyway. And they are going nowhere this season, so unless he totally stinks up the joint, I think Chisenhall gets a full season to see what he can contribute.

Comment

This is the same team that kept Hannahan at 3B for a good chunk of the year, so Chisenhall losing time to Aviles is a very real risk. That said, the team is saying all the right things and it's my beleif that Chisenhall will be a solid, albeit not spectacular option at 3B. .270/20/80/60ish or so.

Comment

Originally posted by revo
                Demoted to AAA today, Aviles to take over at 3B. Don't say I didn't try to warn you!

Comment

Demoted to AAA today, Aviles to take over at 3B. Don't say I didn't try to warn you!

Moops.

I dropped out of the bidding at 10 so I got that going for me.

Comment

As an Aviles owner I wish this were true but I'm seeing too much of Reynolds playing 3B and Giambi DH'ing against RHs to be convinced that Aviles won't just be the other half of the platoon and continue to fill in at 2B, SS, and OF.

Comment

Yowza
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

3 hr and 9 rbi......nice month for him tonight!!!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          3 hr and 9 rbi......nice month for him tonight!!!
                          5/5 as well. Thankfully I have him in my AFA lineup.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                          X