No announcement yet.

Closer/Closer in waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putz/DHernandez. I'm frustrated that the DBacks added another year to Putz's contract. This will be my 3rd yr with a 1-unit DHernandez, and the guy is lights out in 5x5, but amazed that duct tape in Putz's arm has held up....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      but amazed that duct tape in Putz's arm has held up....
      ...for now. It's overdue for another blowout.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

We are getting close to declaring keepers. Are there any updates on the Angels situation?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          We are getting close to declaring keepers. Are there any updates on the Angels situation?

J
          None that I've heard

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
            Ask and ye shall recieve. Thanks to Rotoworld...

Ryan Madson could miss first week of season

Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto said that if Ryan Madson (elbow) isn't ready for the start of the season, he'll likely only miss a week of action.
            Madson began throwing off a mound earlier this month, but the Angels won't have him appear in Cactus League games until mid-March. Dipoto said that the reliever is "on or ahead of schedule," but the club will not rush things. If Madson isn't ready to go on Opening Day, the Angels figure to use Ernesto Frieri in the ninth inning.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
              Ask and ye shall recieve. Thanks to Rotoworld...
              So, how high a wire is Frieri walking?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Frank Fransico's role appears to be already on the ropes. The Mets's are still looking for a closer and Valverde and K Rod are being discussed.

Comment

Starting to work on some lists. What is up with the NL west set up men?

SD- Gregerson with Thayer and (possibly Cashner lurking later in the season)?

SF- Lopez with Casilla in the mix

COL- Belisle with Rex and his high walk rate still waiting for his chance with Lopez also a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                    Starting to work on some lists. What is up with the NL west set up men?

SF- Lopez with Casilla in the mix
                    Affelt and Castilla would be my bets for SFG set up men, Lopez is more of a LOOGY (RHB arehitting something like .425 off of him)
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      Affelt and Castilla would be my bets for SFG set up men, Lopez is more of a LOOGY (RHB arehitting something like .425 off of him)
                      I would think Affeldt would have that lefty thing going against him.

Comment

I would think Affeldt would have that lefty thing going against him.
                        They just signed him for big bucks and he can get RHB out as well as lefties, so he's got that going for him
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          They just signed him for big bucks and he can get RHB out as well as lefties, so he's got that going for him
                          Yeh, I'm still kinda scratching my head at that one. He's a great set up man and all but 3/18m is a stretch.

Comment

Yeh, I'm still kinda scratching my head at that one. He's a great set up man and all but 3/18m is a stretch.
                            He's the backup closer as well id bet if romo's elbow acts up

Comment

I guess it's just never going to happen for my $1 McGee, probably doomed by his left-handedness. Seems Tampa, of all teams, would recognize the opportunity to save money at the closer position, but apparently not, if Rodney has an accurate take on the situation.

Per Rotoworld:

Fernando Rodney expressed confidence on Friday that he'll finalize a contract extension with the Rays in the near future.
                              Rodney added that he's already had discussions with management, and that he expects a deal to be finalized this month. The 35-year-old closer is coming off one of the most surprising and utterly dominant seasons in major league history, posting a 0.60 ERA, 0.78 WHIP and 76/15 K/BB ratio while converting 48 saves. Fantasy owners seem to have bought in as well, as he's being selected as a top-five closer in early drafts.
                              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                                I guess it's just never going to happen for my $1 McGee, probably doomed by his left-handedness. Seems Tampa BAY, of all teams, would recognize the opportunity to save money at the closer position, but apparently not, if Rodney has an accurate take on the situation.

Per Rotoworld:

Why? McGee was the most dominant reliever vs RHB last season. Even with an extension, there's no guarantee Rodney holds that job. Understand, arbitration for relievers gets expensive when saves are involved so the Rays not giving McGee saves helps control those costs. If they can get them from a reclamation project for <$2M, they're going to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X