NL only 5x5 trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only 5x5 trade?

Billy Hamilton free until activated then $15 for 3 years for Strasburg $14 can be played out or given $5 per year raise.

Thoughts?

Really depends on the rest of your team. In a vacuum, I prefer Strasburg, I'd extend him a year to $19, because you just never know with prospects and I'd rather have money in the bank. But if you're nowhere near contention then Hamilton makes more sense.

Now, that said, there is no way I'd let Hamilton go for that little return if I had him.

Comment

are you playing for this year, if so, you are only going to get about a half year of Hamilton
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Billy Hamilton free until activated then $15 for 3 years for Strasburg $14 can be played out or given $5 per year raise.

Thoughts?
        I think I would prefer Hamilton. Strasburg is a great pitcher but what you can get that from a dozen other places (essentially). Hamilton on the other hand projects to be a unique sort of throwback capable of winning the steals category on his own for $15 while Strasburg just gets expensive if you want him past this season.

Comment

I'd pass for the simple fact that once the season is underway and you find out you are in the hunt for the title you can get twice (or three times) the return as compared to Strasburg. I'm not convinced that Hamilton's steals will carry over to the major leagues. Right now he's abusing young inexperienced pitchers and catchers who are still learning to hold runners on.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            I'd pass for the simple fact that once the season is underway and you find out you are in the hunt for the title you can get twice (or three times) the return as compared to Strasburg. I'm not convinced that Hamilton's steals will carry over to the major leagues. Right now he's abusing young inexperienced pitchers and catchers who are still learning to hold runners on.
            He is abusing them like nobody else has ever done before. If he gets to the majors and plays I believe he will set stolen base records.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
              He is abusing them like nobody else has ever done before. If he gets to the majors and plays I believe he will set stolen base records.
              I'd rather have Strasburg at 19. With Pierre and Revere and Gordon, you have a bunch of steals-type guys that aren't going to go over 10, well Revere might, but I doubt the others would. And I'm not convinced that Hamilton has a position to play this year and can even hit when he gets here. If you're playing for '14, then maybe I take the Hamilton side, but Strasburg seems like money in the bank, the 2nd best pitcher for 19-Sign me up.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

I am meeting up with the Strasburg owner this Friday night for dinner. He has told me he wants Hamilton. I have pretty good power and speed in Kemp, Heyward, McCutchen (my $91 OF), and $1 Everth Cabrera.

He has Stanton for $25 for this year and next. Taking him on would probably not leave me enough to buy a stud pitcher. Plus it is NL only (we do get stats for trades out of the league that happen during the year). So I could lose him after this year.

He as Harper for $5 for this year. Can give $5 per year raises after next year. I doubt he would do that deal for Hamilton.

It doesn't hurt me to sit on Hamilton, but his value may not ever be higher?

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

I am meeting up with the Strasburg owner this Friday night for dinner. He has told me he wants Hamilton. I have pretty good power and speed in Kemp, Heyward, McCutchen (my $91 OF), and $1 Everth Cabrera.

He has Stanton for $25 for this year and next. Taking him on would probably not leave me enough to buy a stud pitcher. Plus it is NL only (we do get stats for trades out of the league that happen during the year). So I could lose him after this year.

He as Harper for $5 for this year. Can give $5 per year raises after next year. I doubt he would do that deal for Hamilton.

It doesn't hurt me to sit on Hamilton, but his value may not ever be higher?
                  I agree with this. He looks like a lock, but he's still a prospect who hasn't even seen Triple-A, and has 7 HRs in 4 minor league seasons. And if you're talking about Bryce Harper for him, I think that's a no-brainer. I doubt he'll go for it but I'd be willing to add another player to get a cornerstone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    I agree with this. He looks like a lock, but he's still a prospect who hasn't even seen Triple-A, and has 7 HRs in 4 minor league seasons. And if you're talking about Bryce Harper for him, I think that's a no-brainer. I doubt he'll go for it but I'd be willing to add another player to get a cornerstone like that.
                    I really doubt I can pry Harper from him. Seems like Strasburg would be the target.

Comment

I really doubt I can pry Harper from him. Seems like Strasburg would be the target.
                      I should have said Strasburg will be the offer.

Maybe I can get him to add a minor leaguer to the mix.

Comment

I think unless you're 100% certain that you cannot contend this year, I think you have to make this deal. Sure, Hamilton could virtually win an entire category for you, but he can't do that in AA. If you can get an anchor like Strasburg, I say you make the deal. And if you're not contending, there will certainly be a contender mid-season who will cough up plenty to acquire Strasburg (assuming he's not facing another innings limit this season).

Comment

Working...
                        X