magazine mock - completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazine mock - completed

can't share the full results but I can share my team. I picked 8th in a 14-team 5x5 draft

C - Montero - 10th
    1B - Pujols - 1st
    CI - Encarnacion - 2nd
    3B - Headley - 4th
    2B - Kendrick - 12th
    SS - Aybar - 6th
    MI - Infante - 14th
    OF - Cespedes - 3rd
    OF - Crisp - 9th
    OF - Aoki - 11th
    OF - Joyce - 16th
    OF - Ludwick - 20th
    U - Lowrie - 18th
    P - Cueto - 5th
    P - Darvish - 7th
    P - Zimmermann - 8th
    P - Romo - 13th
    P - Cishek - 15th
    P - Cobb - 17th
    P - Fiers - 19th
    P - W. Davis - 21st
    P - W. Chen - 22nd
    P - Rondon - 23rd
    res - Wil Myers - 24th
    res - Keppinger - 25th
    res - D. Hernandez - 26th

Pujols dropped to 8th? Wow.

At first glance it looks like you have a nice team.

Comment

P - Darvish - 7th

Tim McLeod wasn't in the draft
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        can't share the full results but I can share my team. I picked 8th in a 14-team 5x5 draft

C - Montero - 10th
        1B - Pujols - 1st
        CI - Encarnacion - 2nd
        3B - Headley - 4th
        2B - Kendrick - 12th
        SS - Aybar - 6th
        MI - Infante - 14th
        OF - Cespedes - 3rd
        OF - Crisp - 9th
        OF - Aoki - 11th
        OF - Joyce - 16th
        OF - Ludwick - 20th
        U - Lowrie - 18th
        P - Cueto - 5th
        P - Darvish - 7th
        P - Zimmermann - 8th
        P - Romo - 13th
        P - Cishek - 15th
        P - Cobb - 17th
        P - Fiers - 19th
        P - W. Davis - 21st
        P - W. Chen - 22nd
        P - Rondon - 23rd
        res - Wil Myers - 24th
        res - Keppinger - 25th
        res - D. Hernandez - 26th
        Thats a lot of faith in EE.

Comment

Yeah, I bought EE in an auction a few years back and I think he earned me negative money. What got into him?!?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

What was this draft for?

14-team 5x5 draft

C - Montero - 10th - I like his upside a lot and his contact rate was better at the end of the season which is hopefully an indicator of better things to come.
            1B - Pujols - 1st - I don't think he is as much in decline as last season caused some to believe. I believe it was a combination of adjusting to the league and a different kind of park.
            CI - Encarnacion - 2nd - I sorta doubt he dupilcates his 2012 season but 30 homeruns is still pretty realistic.
            3B - Headley - 4th - I like him but don't expect the homers he provided last season.
            2B - Kendrick - 12th - solid and the lineup around him should give a nice bump to his runs and rbi.
            SS - Aybar - 6th - same as Kendrick.
            MI - Infante - 14th - As long as he has the job he should be productive, I keep getting the feeling the Tigers want to replace him.
            OF - Cespedes - 3rd - I bet he gives you first round value this season.
            OF - Crisp - 9th - Always a little underrated, he usually helps in all the hitting categories.
            OF - Aoki - 11th - As long as they move Hart back to the outfield to fit in Morris or Gamel he should be fine.
            OF - Joyce - 16th - I wish the Rays had nmore faith in him and just let him play everyday.
            OF - Ludwick - 20th - solid value in the 20th.
            U - Lowrie - 18th - If he stays healthy he'll be a great value.
            P - Cueto - 5th - Great as he is but I thik he has another level still.
            P - Darvish - 7th - Nice upside for this season.
            P - Zimmermann - 8th - love him, he gets overlooked a little with Stras and Gio and Harper around
            P - Romo - 13th - Hopefully the he stays out of jail and on the mound in the 9th, but he is probably sharing saves.
            P - Cishek - 15th - Hopefully he makes the most of his opportunities.
            P - Cobb - 17th - a solid value I think
            P - Fiers - 19th - Probably gets the April saves
            P - W. Davis - 21st - I'm rooting for him to breakout as a starter, in the 21st there is nothing to lose.
            P - W. Chen - 22nd - thought it was Bruce at first but this Chen probably has another level to offer.
            P - Rondon - 23rd - He should get some saves at least, I sorta doubt he gets them all. Nice job of collecting saves in the later rounds.
            res - Wil Myers - 24th - A great add for May
            res - Keppinger - 25th - a starter in the reserve rounds that qualifies at three positions, nice.
            res - D. Hernandez - 26th - solid pitcher in a nice bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              P - Darvish - 7th

Tim McLeod wasn't in the draft
              I took him a pick before Eno wanted to take him & he returned the favor grabbing Moore in the next round when I was going to grab him

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                What was this draft for?
                rotoworld's draft magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I took him a pick before Eno wanted to take him & he returned the favor grabbing Moore in the next round when I was going to grab him
                  He's going 5th/6th in other mag mocks and NFBC early drafts
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

it's hard to judge without seeing the other teams, but at first glance I think your power potential rests on a few players who hit more HRs than anyone could've expected last season (EE, Ludwick, Headley), which is generally a situation I try to avoid. If Crisp plays enough and stays healthy, you have a nice amount of speed, but your OF as a whole seems pretty middling for a 14-team league. The staff looks good, but some question marks there (Cobb, Fiers, Rondon).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      it's hard to judge without seeing the other teams, but at first glance I think your power potential rests on a few players who hit more HRs than anyone could've expected last season (EE, Ludwick, Headley), which is generally a situation I try to avoid. If Crisp plays enough and stays healthy, you have a nice amount of speed, but your OF as a whole seems pretty middling for a 14-team league. The staff looks good, but some question marks there (Cobb, Fiers, Rondon).
                      True but he also has a bunch of guys that should be better this season than last. Montero, Pujols, Cespedes, Lowrie, Myers, Keppinger can all be better than they were last season.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                        True but he also has a bunch of guys that should be better this season than last. Montero, Pujols, Cespedes, Lowrie, Myers, Keppinger can all be better than they were last season.
                        which Montero are we talking about -- Miguel or Jesus? If Miguel, his power seems like it's hit a ceiling. Not sure about Jesus, though.

I'm not sure Pujols will be better, but even if he is, he's still now a mid-30s HR guy. Cespedes had a nice year, but he seems like an ongoing injury woe. Lowrie could be better, but he also hit far more HRs then he ever did before. Could be a steal, that's for sure. Keppinger is Dl fill-in only in a 14-teamer, and who knows if or when Myers will be up with the Rays.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          Thats a lot of faith in EE.
                          Have you been here for the past eight or ten years, lol? Jason's #1 mancrush since A Ball or so
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            which Montero are we talking about -- Miguel or Jesus? If Miguel, his power seems like it's hit a ceiling. Not sure about Jesus, though.

I'm not sure Pujols will be better, but even if he is, he's still now a mid-30s HR guy. Cespedes had a nice year, but he seems like an ongoing injury woe. Lowrie could be better, but he also hit far more HRs then he ever did before. Could be a steal, that's for sure. Keppinger is Dl fill-in only in a 14-teamer, and who knows if or when Myers will be up with the Rays.
                            I assumed it was Jesus. The missing value in Pujols was mostly the batting average and I think he'll get that back. .315 with 35 homers is a lot better than .285 with 30 homers. I think fantasy owners are too quick to label a guy injury prone. Even if he misses a month this season, if the adjustments he made last season hold he should still be better. Ask a dozen Red Sox fans if Lowrie's homers were a fluke and I bet ten of 12 will tell you the only thing holding back has always been health. If Keppinger gets 500 at-bats I can see .280 with 15 homers, and the flexibility has value during the season as well. And Myers is just a huge bonus. The team should be fine, when he comes his team will be even better, nothing bad about that.

Comment

How did Myers last that long?

Comment

Working...
                              X