Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Who's Out of Jail!

From Rotoworld--

"According to the Associated Press, Ugueth Urbina is hoping to return to major league baseball.
    Urbina, 38, was released from prison Sunday after serving roughly half of his 14-year sentence for attempted murder. He's expected to pitch in Venezuela this winter, but remains doubtful to make a comeback. Urbina hasn't appeared in majors since 2005. He owns a career 3.45 ERA over 11 seasons."

UUU was always one of my favorites, and I'm sure Vintage Draft guys like him, too.

As for his making a comeback, well, weirder things have happened. If he can still bring it, he may get a spring training invitation from someone desperate for middle relief help.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

If you charge the mound on him, he'll shank you with a sharpened toothbrush!
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

He'll be closing for the Mets by May.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
        He'll be closing for the Mets by May.
        I had thought of mentioning the Mets specifically, but then said to myself, "Oy, that would be a combination from Hell, a guy who just served seven years for attempted murder and the NY media."

My thought is a team a little more under the radar, such as the Marlins or Astros. This assumes he really has anything left.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Urbina will never acquire an entry visa...he's a convicted felon.

Comment

Rumors have him throwing in the low 90s. He is a convicted felon, so an entry visa will be difficult, though not impossible, to obtain.

Comment

Working...
            X