Arizona outfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona outfield

Does anyone have any idea how the Arizona outfield is going to shake out?

I'm in a 12 team NL only - I have Parra at $4 and Kubel at $24, which are decent prices considering the inflation. After the Ross signing, it occurred to me that I'm at a loss as to what Arizona is trying to do, much less what they are going to do.

Any insight? Any locals with a better bead on what's going on?

Kubel seems all but gone. Final year of his deal and is the worst defender of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Phineas to Ferb View Post
      Does anyone have any idea how the Arizona outfield is going to shake out?

I'm in a 12 team NL only - I have Parra at $4 and Kubel at $24, which are decent prices considering the inflation. After the Ross signing, it occurred to me that I'm at a loss as to what Arizona is trying to do, much less what they are going to do.

Any insight? Any locals with a better bead on what's going on?
      It could also be a platoon in left with Kubel and Ross, with Ross getting additional at-bats covering center and right on occasion.

Comment

That's one expensive ass platoon

Comment

Upton to Texas for Andrus and Martin.
          Last edited by virgonomic; 12-25-2012, 11:09 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Upton to Texas for Andrus and Martin.
            No, I think that Texas turned that deal down earlier...they value Andrus too much, IMO. They can slide Profar in and leave Kinsler at 2nd, solving all of their problems other than 1B, and they could probably sign LaRoche pretty easily.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              No, I think that Texas turned that deal down earlier...they value Andrus too much, IMO. They can slide Profar in and leave Kinsler at 2nd, solving all of their problems other than 1B, and they could probably sign LaRoche pretty easily.
              If they deal Andrus and Profar struggles or Kinsler gets hurt...they have a problem. They may just like the fact that having Andrus/Profar/Kinsler they are prepared in case of injury to any of the three and if they want all 3 to start...they have the room to do so.

Comment

And what about Eaton? Half the things I've read say he is still slated for a starting spot.

Comment

Latest Upton Rumor

Per Rotoworld:
                  "FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi report that Justin Upton rejected a trade that would have sent him to the Mariners."

It sure looks like they're hell-bent on trading him.

Comment

I read on twitter that they are taking down Upton pics at the stadium.

Comment

[moved]

funny, I only have 3 OF keeper candidates, and 2 of them are trade-rumored DBacks Upton 30 and Kubel 20. Neither a bargain, but with inflation....
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                      X