Swisher Signs with Cleveland...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swisher Signs with Cleveland...

4 years/56 million...crappy signing for the Indians. 32 YO outfielder at 14 million a year?

Ugh...just saw that it has a 5th year vesting option. Could be 70 million when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Hornsby; 12-23-2012, 11:35 AM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

um, why are they signing this deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      That depends on which "they" you mean. If you mean Swisher, for the money. If you mean the Indians, good question, I guess it's something to do when you don't know what to do. And if there's one thing the Indians' "brain trust" has established over the last 3-4 years at least, it's that they don't know what they're doing.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Clearly an overpay, but just in terms of pure talent, I like what they've done this offseason. They should be a better team over the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Probably because their farm system sucks and someone has to play right field.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
            Probably because their farm system sucks and someone has to play right field.
            That and it is the only way to get him to sign - Talk radio and fans have been Killing the Dolans for the last few years for not spending money and at least to attempt to get a free agent and some Talent in here. FAn Attendance has really spiraled down the last few years. For the last few weeks they have almost demanded that they sign Swisher and when he left town last week without signing they were sure he wasn't coming and it was getting ugly

Comment

That's hilarious. Is it in reference to anything that really happened, or just a random spoof?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                That's hilarious. Is it in reference to anything that really happened, or just a random spoof?
                No idea...Swish seems like a crazy dude but I have to believe it is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  No idea...Swish seems like a crazy dude but I have to believe it is a joke.
                  I think so, especially the peyote bit. Although I'm sure that if he does things like that, he never did AS A YANKEE.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X