No announcement yet.

2K13: Aroldis Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy in my league just offered me Broxton and Tommy Hanson for Desmond Jennings half an hour ago. Talk about some shady trade ethics.

And I agree with the derision of the Reds' GM here. Broxton was already a bit of a boneheaded move considering the likelihood that Broxton's 2012 rebound was a bit of a mirage. That there was no communication between Baker and Chapman involved in moving positions on the team before that deal was about as dumb as they come, though. Jocketty is usually a savvy enough guy, but he made a clear cut mistake here and it will cost the franchise in spending flexibility in the next few years.

Comment

broxton to detroit in our future? or is that contract just too crappy?

Comment

I think he can't be traded til midseason per rule of FA signing
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          I think he can't be traded til midseason per rule of FA signing
          June 15th, but Broxton can waive this if he wants.

Comment

KFFL is now reporting Reds management says no decision regarding Chapman's role has been decided. Sounds like BS but who knows.

Comment

from rotoworld:
              "Reds general manager Walt Jocketty and manager Dusty Baker officially announced Friday that Aroldis Chapman will be the team's closer this season."
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during those conversations.

Comment

Is this going to become a spring ritual for the Reds and Chapman? Two years running and it's already getting old.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Is this going to become a spring ritual for the Reds and Chapman? Two years running and it's already getting old.

If they do this again, they are even bigger idiots than I think they are now. They went all in on this idea, overpaid for a mediocre closer, tried to stretch him out, fought through all the backlash, and finally caved at the last minute. If they wanted to make him a starter, now was the time. To me, this is it. He wants to close, let him close. Sure he could hace been more valuable as a starter for them, but he'll be very valuable as a closer too. No more screwing around.

Comment

Working...
                    X