2k11 Garrett Atkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11 Garrett Atkins

Does Atkins make the Pirates and possibly get some at-bats over Overbay? Last call for Atkins.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

He's all meat and no bun

Comment

In all seriousness, the Pirates brought in Overbay because their other infielders (Alvarez, Walker, Cedeno) are, shall we say, adventurous with the direction of their throws to 1B. So I think Overbay is pretty secure in his starting job.

It wouldn't surprise me if Atkins made the team, though. Right now I think the favorite to back up Overbay is Pearce, but if Atkins has any ability to play 3B left in him, he could make it over Pearce. And whichever of them makes it will get some starts against lefties.

Otherwise Josh Rodriguez (rule V guy) would be the backup 3B as well as the backup 2B/SS (Doumit, Diaz, Jaramillio probably have the other 3 bench spots)

Comment

So how do we explain his career arc?

Product of roids?
        Product of Coors?
        Product of both?
        Something else?
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post

Product of roids?
          Product of Coors?
          Product of both?
          Something else?
          Interesting question. PEDs is the obvious guess, as is Coors. He was only 25 when he had his first big season in 2005 so it's not like he was a "peak late, fade early" guy.

2005 road stats: .238/.301/.347
          2007 road stats: .254/.327/.446
          2008 road stats: .233/.278/.383

BUT

2006 road stats: .313/.402 /.531

So, I think mostly Coors, and 2006 a bit of a fluke.

Comment

Back in the day, I thought Atkins was going to be better than Wright. Man I just missed on that call.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post

Product of roids?
              Product of Coors?
              Product of both?
              Something else?
              Career Totals
              Home: .321 BA, .875 OPS
              Away: .252 BA, .728 OPS

Comment

Working...