Opine on this NL blockbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opine on this NL blockbuster

Looking for opinions from the Pen on this potential deal.

Have been offered G. Stanton, P. Sandoval and J. Cueto for J. Votto and K. Medlen in my 10-team NL-only, 5x5, straight-draft (no $$) league, with 10 keepers.

A little hesitant to pull the trigger with G. Stanton a potential trade candidate. Plus, the Marlins batting order looks pathetic.

Current protects are Votto, Bourn (if he stays in the NL), A. Ram, Weeks, Revere, Hamels, J. Zimmerman, Medlen, Kimbrel.

Need one more. Bubble guys are Duda, Ruggiano, L. Morrison, B. Jackson, E. Jackson (if he signs in the NL), Estrada and Betancourt.

If I make this deal, my 10 would be Stanton, Bourn, A. Ram, Weeks, Sandoval, Revere, Hamels, Cueto, Zimmerman and Kimbrel.

Thoughts on this deal?

I'd pass, since, as you stated, Stanton is a huge risk.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I would pass too. It is tempting but Sandoval is so inconsistent and Cueto is at least a slight injury risk. Medlen might be worth more than Cueto and Sandoval combined. Votto and Stanton are close but the risk level is too high.

Comment

I would do it in a heartbeat.

Votto is a huge risk. I doubt Stanton gets traded, even if he does he could easily go to an NL team.

It is also more risky if medium to large salaries would be involved. If I had Votto for $38+ in a keeper league I would be looking to trade him. In a no salary league not as much.

Look at your keeper list if you made the trade. Very nice!

You have to give to get. I like this trade for you.

Comment

I's also make the deal. As much as I like Medlen (I drafted him in all my leagues last year cheap), he would be fortunate to put up numbers over a full season like Cueto did last year. They will probably be pitchers of similar value next year. So, if those two are a push, then it's Sandoval/Stanton for Votto... and I'd take the duo easily.

Comment

I agree, and Stanton is definitely not going anywhere. If I know one thing, I know the morons in charge of the Marlins are counting on the Stanton show as the only way to fill seats; that and those buffoons are very predictable. When Stanton comes up for a new contract, THEN he will be traded...and probably for a haul of B and C-rated prospects half of us havent heard of.

I like the Stanton side of the deal.

Comment

I'd roll the dice and do this too. I agree with the opinion that Stanton won't get traded (and even if he is it could very well be to an NL team). Top tier OF's are getting harder and harder to get in NL leagues and you are getting a good one along with filling 3B (which is also pretty shallow). Personally I think Medlen and Cueto is a near toss up.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'd do it too. Stanton/Votto are not THAT far apart. Cueto/Medlen are close too. So you're getting a free Panda.

Comment

Working...
                X