My $91 OF in NL only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My $91 OF in NL only.

McCutchen, Kemp, and Heyward for a combined salary of $91. NL only 5x5 $260 budget. Seems cheap, but also alot spent.

Thoughts?

3 out of 5/6 OF spots taken up too. I'd try to make sure you didn't spend much on the other OFs as you can often get good buys on them at the end of an auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      McCutchen, Kemp, and Heyward for a combined salary of $91. NL only 5x5 $260 budget. Seems cheap, but also alot spent.

Thoughts?
      How many teams in league? How many keepers per team? What's their contract status? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

12 teams. Can keep up to 15. This coming year plus one more for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Thoughts?
          Why give so little information? With what we are given, they are keepers. Easy. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
            Why give so little information? With what we are given, they are keepers. Easy. Next.
            While those 3 for the money are/seem to be good value and should be keepers, $91 is still alot to pay for 3 positions.

Our league has high inflation and a 17 man reserve roster that gets filled with every rookie worth taking and then some. This makes the rookie contracts fairly cheep (and a cause for inflation).

My question was not intended to be about inflation or the price of an individual player. It was more about would you use up this amount of your budget for these three players.

Comment

Absolutely I would use my budget for these players. Three elite players that give a nice chunk of value is a win.

Comment

I'm not sure why you are asking if $91 for all three is a good deal. You need to look at each players "value" individually. If McCutchen and Heyward are each $10, and Kemp is $71, you don't keep Kemp even if $91 would be reasonable for all three. Just because you have two good bargains doesn't mean that you should then undermine their value by overpaying for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  I'm not sure why you are asking if $91 for all three is a good deal. You need to look at each players "value" individually. If McCutchen and Heyward are each $10, and Kemp is $71, you don't keep Kemp even if $91 would be reasonable for all three. Just because you have two good bargains doesn't mean that you should then undermine their value by overpaying for someone else.
                  I disagree somewhat, if in this case the $71 Kemp is right at league value or would even cost more if he was one of few studs back in auction it makes sense to keep him. The reason we really like our cheap players is so we can buy the expensive ones.

Of course this flys out the window if you think that the $71 Kemp can be had for anything equal to or less than the $71.

Comment

Working...
                  X