Early look at AL only keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early look at AL only keepers

10 team AL only 5x5 league...up to 10 keepers Ended up dumping early and ended up with these guys to pick from...

VMart-7
    Lawrie-10
    ACabrera-7
    Seager-7
    Kendry Morales-4
    Cespedes-25
    DeAza-10
    Rasmus-7
    Reddick-1
    Gose-5
    Giovotella-10
    SSizemore-1
    JMcGee-5
    Millone-5
    Ogando-4
    Reed-12
    DRobertson-3
    Peacock-1

TIA

Vmart-yes if he qualifies at C (1)
    Lawrie-yes (2)
    Asdrubal-yes (3)
    Seager-yes (4)
    Morales-yes (5) I think he finds PT
    Cespedes-maybe, only because you have better options
    ADA (6) and Reddick (7) - like those guys

Milone - maybe, maybe not in a league this shallow
    Reed-yes (8) should be closing

Rasmus, Ogando - who knows? see how Ogando looks this spring. I am honestly out on Rasmus, he doesn't run, and 25 HRs isn't worth .220 in a league this shallow

McGee - too much for a setup guy
    Peacock - you have better options
    Giovatelli - see Peacock
    Gose - no way he starts the year with a job, so no

Given your cheap salaries, I'd spend the money to make Cespedes #9 if I was deciding today. And if I had to pick a #10 I'd pick Milone.

Comment

VMart-7
      Lawrie-10
      ACabrera-7
      Seager-7
      Kendry Morales-4
      Cespedes-25
      Reddick-1
      Gose-5
      JMcGee-5
      Ogando-4
      DRobertson-3

Comment

VMart-7
        Lawrie-10
        ACabrera-7
        Seager-7
        Kendry Morales-4
        Cespedes-25
        DeAza-10
        Rasmus-7
        Reddick-1
        Gose-5
        Giovotella-10
        SSizemore-1
        JMcGee-5
        Millone-5
        Ogando-4
        Reed-12 - if closing
        DRobertson-3
        Peacock-1

The bold 8 are easy, I'd probably check out pitchers in ST to see if any of the marginal guys like Milone, McGee, Ogando, etc seem to be better values then. With this list Cespedes seems to make the cut but I don't think he's as much value as the other 8.

Another thought - if VMart is not C-eligible, you've got a lot of corner-types there... not sure you want to totally lock yourself out of those positions (and U?) in the auction...
        Last edited by SlideRule; 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I wanted to bump this back up for re-eval.

I think VMart, Lawrie, Cabrera, DeAza, Reddick, Morales, Reed, Ogando are givens

So, I have 2 spots for Cespedes, Seager, Millone, Robertson. I'm thinking if I keep both Cespedes and Seager, based on projected values, my 10 would be +64 with $173 at auction

However, if I drop Cespedes and keep Seager with Millone, my 10 keepers would be +67 with $193 to spend.

I'd like some final thoughts. TIA.

Comment

Everyone faces this dilemma, keep the higher priced guy or take more money into the auction.
            Have you projected the other owners keeper lists?
            What kind of talent is going to be available in the auction?
            Are there going to be multiple players who could replace Cespedes, or get him back for that salary or lower?
            If everyone is keeping position players, then you might need to protect him.

Without knowing some of those details, It's hard to give much more than a shot in the dark on your last keeper. I'd be comfortable either way, if the player pool is right.

Comment

VMart-7
              Lawrie-10
              ACabrera-7
              Seager-7
              Kendry Morales-4
              Cespedes-25
              DeAza-10
              Rasmus-7
              Reddick-1
              Ogando-4
              Reed-12

I like these 11. If Ogando looks like he has a rotation spot locked up, I'd keep him over Rasmus.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                I wanted to bump this back up for re-eval.

I think VMart, Lawrie, Cabrera, DeAza, Reddick, Morales, Reed, Ogando are givens

So, I have 2 spots for Cespedes, Seager, Millone, Robertson. I'm thinking if I keep both Cespedes and Seager, based on projected values, my 10 would be +64 with $173 at auction

However, if I drop Cespedes and keep Seager with Millone, my 10 keepers would be +67 with $193 to spend.

I'd like some final thoughts. TIA.
                Honestly, I think that you need to go into the auction with at least one stud on your roster, and for you that guy is Cespedes. Everybody else, including V-Mart has question marks around them, IMO, Cespedes just scratched the surface last year, so at 25, he's still a great value. You may be able to get Milone back for the same salary, or even cheaper if the cards fall well for you, either way, there'll be a Milone type there for you, there won't be a Cespedes there for 25 bucks.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Honestly, I think that you need to go into the auction with at least one stud on your roster, and for you that guy is Cespedes. Everybody else, including V-Mart has question marks around them, IMO, Cespedes just scratched the surface last year, so at 25, he's still a great value. You may be able to get Milone back for the same salary, or even cheaper if the cards fall well for you, either way, there'll be a Milone type there for you, there won't be a Cespedes there for 25 bucks.

I agree with this. Really need to keep Cespedes.

Comment

Working...
                  X