Hanley orTulo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley orTulo?

NL only - these guys value seems to be extremely close.

Which SS do you like for next year better?

Is taking Tulo too big a risk or does the reward justify it?

I'd rather have Tulo, but my guess is that you'd have to pay more
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

The club is encouraging Tulo to play a bit more cautiously in the field this year for the sake of self-preservation. Apparently they approached him about a switch to third base, but he did not take the suggestion well at all. They want him to ease off on the crazy defensive dives and off-balance throws. I haven't heard any official talk of dialing back his base-stealing, but given his history of quad and groin issues, it wouldn't surprise me if that was on the table as well. I wouldn't count on him stealing 20 bags this year; I'd recommend putting him somewhere in the 5-10 SB range for the purpose of fantasy valuation.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I would rather spend the money elsewhere. But that does not really answer the question.

If they are both the same price and I was only looking for this year, I take Hanley. In the last 7 years he has had only one season under 543 abs. Tulo has one at 543 and one over in that same 7 years.

I wonder if the present owner in our league keeps him at $45?

Comment

Working...
        X