Rays close to signing Loney...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays close to signing Loney...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa...I can't even begin to think why they'd want to do this. Unless the guy is willing to play for less than a million, he's not worth it...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Somebody's close to getting a bhan... simultaneously tweaking MJ about his team and stepping on his toes by posting a Rays rumor...

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      HaHaHaHaHaHaHa...I can't even begin to think why they'd want to do this. Unless the guy is willing to play for less than a million, he's not worth it...
      When I read the title I was going to come in and post Bwa ha ha, and make a statement about playing for a buck. I was tickled to see the lead post.

I loathe him as a fantasy player. I had to take him off the waiver wire as a last ditch effort in my AL only to try to finish in the money. That did not work out well for me.

Comment

1 yr/ $2M with another $1M in bonus opportunities.

at that price, he simply needs to hit league average. The team prioritizes defense at the position and now arguably have one of the best defensive IF in the game with Longo, Zobrist, Roberts, and Loney.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

at that price, he simply needs to hit league average. The team prioritizes defense at the position and now arguably have one of the best defensive IF in the game with Longo, Zobrist, Roberts, and Loney.
          ummm...he just finished with his lowest ave. in the last 7 years. Not trending so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

The Rays want ALL of the 1-0 games. Every single one. I smell a Zobrist for Jose Iglesias trade any day now.

Comment

Casey Kochman 2.0. I am sure he will end up .320 14 HR 70 RBI.

I owned him as a minor leaguer and for the first few years of his career, so I do not completely hate him.

Comment

There are few players who produce not the slightest glimmer of interest in me. Loney is one of those few. There's simply no offensive upside here.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Well, there is clearly upside for a guy who's still in his 20s and who OPS'd over .900 as a rookie. It's just that he's pretty clearly unlikely to reach said upside, given the straight to the bottom trajectory his career has taken.

I still just have no idea what the hell happened to Loney. Perennial top 100 Baseball America guy, gets to the bigs and lights the world on fire, and just takes a slow fall off a very high cliff. I thought this guy would be Mark Grace-esque, at a minimum, and not Danny Ainge-esque with his hitting.

Still, he has a career .792 OPS against righties. He'll be useful as a platoon player who plays strong defense. And $2 million isn't much of a risk at all. If he fails, you DFA him.
                  I am DFA ing him right now- DON'T FORGET to AVOID!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I am DFA ing him right now- DON'T FORGET to AVOID!!
                    Best laugh of the day.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Working...
                    X