No announcement yet.

The end of Allstar Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent an email out to my league when I read this today. My understanding we were one of the first leagues to use A.S.S. and switched to OnRoto a few years ago and it has been a good transition. We pay 99 per league and if we ever have problems I send an email to Scott and he usually is very quick to respond.

I never use CBS for baseball, but use it for football in the RJ league we do. It works fine. It has an App with ads (which is kind of annoying), but whatever. As others said the FAAB is not as good as OnRoto. On Roto does have a mobile page, so that I nice. I also like the stat projection tool for sh ts and giggles. Kind of fun to check back and see what standings would be based on draft day rosters. OnRoto is certainly not pretty. Both have news feeds on the main page.

Comment

We have only limited FAAB (just players arriving from AL), and we do that "off-line" - the commish just posts who made the highest bid and adds the player like any transaction.

With FAAB not really an issue, are we best off just taking the free year of CBS stats, then?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        We have only limited FAAB (just players arriving from AL), and we do that "off-line" - the commish just posts who made the highest bid and adds the player like any transaction.

With FAAB not really an issue, are we best off just taking the free year of CBS stats, then?
        Sure, although not sure if your Windows 97 computer works with CBSsporstline interface though .

Comment

lol

#wellplayed

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I'm sorry to see All-Star go, but its time was past. Some of the features it had that CBS lacked a few years back, when one or two of my leagues were on it, are now available on CBS for a much lower price. I especially liked how you could prioritize your FAAB bids.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              they're actually decent, but the problem is they automatically mail them to the person who paid for the league, not the champ. Like I'm going to deliver them to the champion......they should have a feature where you can give CBS the winner's address.
              cheap azz. i mail our league bobblehead to the champion. .
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                We present the bobblehead to the champions at next year's draft. Small ceremony before the draft, plus we get to yell obscenities at him for a few minutes!!

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  I'll pay for the postage, but I ain't schlepping to the post office!

Comment

I tried to get our league to change from A-S-S to CBS a few years ago but people were so used to A-S-S that it was voted down. I've also been trying to get them to implement FAAB so maybe switching to CBS will get people more familiar with the process.

Comment

I think the original owners kept a piece of ASS for a few years, and it was still good. But then I think they no longer had a piece of ASS, and that's when it went down - er, downhill.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I think the original owners kept a piece of ASS for a few years, and it was still good. But then I think they no longer had a piece of ASS, and that's when it went down - er, downhill.
                        Just couldn't help yourself could you?

Comment

I typed up the first part of that innocently, then realized what I was typing, so......

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I typed up the first part of that innocently, then realized what I was typing, so......

Ha, those are the best kind.

Comment

We were with Allstar Stats from the beginning also. Googled "why did All Star Stats go out of business" and here I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbs View Post
                                We were with Allstar Stats from the beginning also. Googled "why did All Star Stats go out of business" and here I am.
                                welcome.

just curious, is your first name Ruy?
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X