The end of Allstar Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Allstar Stats

Received the following email this morning...

Dear Allstar Stats Players,

We've enjoyed being your home for Fantasy Baseball over the years. Fantasy Baseball is our passion, which is why we are sad to announce that we will no longer offer fantasy games at Allstar Stats.

Not to worry! To ensure that your Fantasy Baseball tradition lives on, we've partnered with our friends at CBSSports.com to bring you their first-class fantasy experience. CBSSports.com is truly the best in the business. We highly recommend migrating your league over to their Fantasy Baseball Commissioner game. It's easy to see why:

Extensive roto customization and scoring options to let you run your league how you want to
    Includes expert news and analysis from an award-winning team of fantasy analysts
    Free mobile app so you can check scores and manage your team on the go
    Free MLB.com Gameday Audio plus in-game video highlights in full HD included for free
    17 years of fantasy experience and reliability
    Most awarded fantasy league manager on the planet!
    Talk about pros - they're the Official Fantasy Baseball league manager of MLB.com

To welcome your league to their fantasy family, CBSSports.com is offering Fantasy Baseball Commissioner absolutely free* for the first year to all Allstar Stats leagues.

To help you get started, they've got their expert staff of Fantasy Gurus standing by ready to assist you in the league transfer process. Simply give them a call anytime at 1-877-322-4878

Or visit CBSSports.com/AllstarStats for more details on this exclusive offer.

Thank you for choosing us for your fantasy league over the years. It's been a pleasure to be your destination for fantasy baseball. Our team is available to assist you with any questions you have about your league data and league history as you evaluate your options. Your league data will remain available to you through March 31, 2013.

We feel confident that you'll be in great hands with CBSSports.com and wish you luck this season!

Sincerely,
    The Allstar Stats Baseball Team

P.S. To make sure you have a great experience, we recommend you contact them as soon as possible. In fact, you can get started today by calling 1-877-322-4878 or visit CBSSports.com/AllstarStats.

All star stats went steadily downhill once Rich and Andrea sold it to NBC... my two longtime leagues dropped A-S-S last year to go to OnRoto after using A-S-S over 15 years.
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

A$$ was good, but not 5X the price better than CBS
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

We were paying $25 per team, not the $40 that some were paying.
        Our league has had ASS since 1990, when they were mailing reports out once a week - then came faxing, how modern!

Will miss some of the features, like complete team-by-team stats for each year since 2004.

Good time for folks to weigh in on which service they prefer, I suppose...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was comfortable with All Star Stats, thought they did a very good job. Our league voted to stay with them rather than go cheaper. I will miss them.

Comment

I used them for a league about 10 years ago and found their online site to be terrible, and as Fresno mentioned, 5x the cost. I decided to move the league, but one of my leaguemates called the site owner, who offered him Baltimore Oriole box seats for a game if he would stay -- which we did, much to my dismay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I was comfortable with All Star Stats, thought they did a very good job. Our league voted to stay with them rather than go cheaper. I will miss them.
              Yes, these are my sentiments exactly. We've been with them for years and years. I too hope that this thread will generate a good discussion on the pros and cons of other options.

Daver

Comment

This discussion has been had many times on this site, but CBS has worked very well for my two leagues. There have been particular instances when I've been dissatisfied with their customer service but overall I can't really complain. Their website layout is great and you can generate customized stat reports. Plus their live auction service is fantastic. That being said, I am hoping ESPN will expand their team sites to include a contract field (for tracking keeper status). I've never used ESPN but have heard good reviews and hey, it's free.

I know OnRoto is a popular site around here, but my experience with them was awful. To keep it short, they didn't get their live stats up and running in a timely fashion, and then deleted our league two weeks after the season started without even notifying us first. Fortunately I had already manually created the league on CBS as a back-up. I would absolutely stay away from OnRoto.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I STILL miss TQ stats.........
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

OnRoto is a better version of TQ Stats because it's the same guys and they have improved the software and added features.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

We used All Star Stats in the mid-to-late 1990s in some of my first leagues. It was good at that point. Moved to CBS years ago and have been happy with it. Still, it seems like the end of an era somehow.

Comment

Free bobblehead to the league champion, says CBS Sports in their come-on.

what does it look like?
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Free bobblehead to the league champion, says CBS Sports in their come-on.

what does it look like?
                          they're actually decent, but the problem is they automatically mail them to the person who paid for the league, not the champ. Like I'm going to deliver them to the champion......they should have a feature where you can give CBS the winner's address.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            they're actually decent, but the problem is they automatically mail them to the person who paid for the league, not the champ. Like I'm going to deliver them to the champion......they should have a feature where you can give CBS the winner's address.
                            Not sure about this as I received my RJEL bobblehead and I didn't pay for the league. It changes every year. (I have 4 of them )
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              We were paying $25 per team, not the $40 that some were paying.
                              Our league has had ASS since 1990, when they were mailing reports out once a week - then came faxing, how modern!

Will miss some of the features, like complete team-by-team stats for each year since 2004.

Good time for folks to weigh in on which service they prefer, I suppose...

How about typing in the players numbers on the phone for FAAB. Al Leiter's name had a blip in it when it was read aloud by the magical voice. It was only an 800 number and then once th time was used up it became a fee.

Comment

Working...
                              X