No announcement yet.

2K11: Increased Playing Time Breakouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always an appreciated piece. Good stuff, Ed.

I think you're underselling Francis as a solid back-end AL-Only option, but that's a minor quibble in an otherwise very enjoyable read. Thanks.

Comment

Excellent stuff as always.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Great work man.

Comment

Add NR to the list of praisers. Great stuff Ed!
          -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

On the subject of increased PT, what about Jed Lowrie. Between injuries and illness, he lost most of the last two seasons, but he was once a hot prospect. He is also 8 years younger than Scutaro, and has a lot more pop. between Scutaro and Lowrie, the Sox are covering SS, plus backing up 2B and 3B, and possibly 1B/DH through Youkilis.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              On the subject of increased PT, what about Jed Lowrie. Between injuries and illness, he lost most of the last two seasons, but he was once a hot prospect. He is also 8 years younger than Scutaro, and has a lot more pop. between Scutaro and Lowrie, the Sox are covering SS, plus backing up 2B and 3B, and possibly 1B/DH through Youkilis.

J
              Yep, he's on the list:
              Jed Lowrie, BOS – had 9 HRs in just 171 ABs last year, and had 46 RBIs in 260 ABs in ’08, yet Boston continues to use the unexciting Marco Scutaro. If he gets his chance, Lowrie could be one of the better finds at the middle infield spot in 2011.

Comment

Sorry. Looked for him in the injured and newbie lists.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Great stuff.

I think that Ben Francisco is in line for full-time at bats for at least two months after Brown's injury.

Comment

Thanks for putting this together, revo. My auction values list was missing some players and I added a handful from your list.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I think we need to pump up Jake McGee as a closer candidate. He has been lights out in camp, and the TB Rays seems to be so inclined. This guy can rack the Ks: 133 in 112.7 IP, between AA, AAA, and MLB. Neftali Feliz II?

J
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-12-2011, 10:36 PM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                      X