2013 keepers (Mixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 keepers (Mixed)

15-team standard categories 5x5 league. Start 2 catchers, standard 23-man, $260 rosters. I can keep up to 10.

C Yadi Molina $5 o13 (would have to extend to keep beyond 2013. worth considering?)
    OF Austin jackson $18 o14
    OF Carlos Beltran $14 o13
    SP Derek Holland $2 o13 (probably not worth extending)

OF Gerardo parra $5 o14 (is he a starter now? I don't think he is, but he could still get 400+ ABs)
    1B Adam Dunn $9 o14 (who knows?)
    OF Brandon Moss $5 o14 (can he repeat?)

SS Luis Cruz $5 o14 (starter?)
    3B Chris Johnson $5 o14 (starter?)
    OF Torii Hunter $8 o14 (probably not unless he goes to a great environment like NYY)
    RP Jon Papelbon $18 o13
    2B Daniel Murphy $8 o14

RP Joaquin Benoit $3 o14
    RP Bryan Villareal $5 o14

C Carlos Santana $22 o14
    2B Jemile Weeks $5 o14
    C Derek Norris $5 o15
    RP Jared Burton $5 o14

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    15-team standard categories 5x5 league. Start 2 catchers, standard 23-man, $260 rosters. I can keep up to 10.

C Yadi Molina $5 o13 (would have to extend to keep beyond 2013. worth considering?)
    OF Austin jackson $18 o14
    OF Carlos Beltran $14 o13
    SP Derek Holland $2 o13 (probably not worth extending)

OF Gerardo parra $5 o14 (is he a starter now? I don't think he is, but he could still get 400+ ABs)
    1B Adam Dunn $9 o14 (who knows?)
    OF Brandon Moss $5 o14 (can he repeat?)

SS Luis Cruz $5 o14 (starter?)
    3B Chris Johnson $5 o14 (starter?)
    OF Torii Hunter $8 o14 (probably not unless he goes to a great environment like NYY)
    RP Jon Papelbon $18 o13
    2B Daniel Murphy $8 o14

RP Joaquin Benoit $3 o14
    RP Bryan Villareal $5 o14

C Carlos Santana $22 o14
    2B Jemile Weeks $5 o14
    C Derek Norris $5 o15
    RP Jared Burton $5 o14
    I would extend Molina (I assume this incr's the salary $5). If you believe in Holland, you could extend him, too.

I dont believe in Moss; perhaps you could trade him to someone that does. You could keep him, tho. I cant see Cruz being a starter, and even if he is I still dont believe in him. Perkins, not Burton, probably will be the closer. Benoit probably is worth more than $3 even if he isnt the closer.

Parra will probably get 350-400 ABs even if he's not a starter, and I dont think he will be unless they trade somebody else or unless Eaton fails. So you could keep him.

Johnson may regress some, but he'll probably start for someone so he'll probably earn at least $5.

So, if I were to keep 1 more, it probably would be Parra. If you believe in Moss, you might keep him and throw Papelbon back.

Comment

Not a good keeper list in a 15 tm mixed, maybe add Parra to list of 6 that eldi bolds. What was your story last year? I cant see you went rebuild as I dont see a building block $5 Stanton type gem (shut up).

I cant see you went for win last year as I dont see any bloated salaries of mega stars.

My small vision doesnt allow for moderate mid place finishes but this looks like you went centrist, treading water last year mid to lower third while never making moves to be positioned this year for the kill? (I am guessing, for all I know you won last year, and your big contracts expired off this list.) In any case, your inspiration will need to be manufactured from what will be available on your auction day, as this keeper list is not at all top tier.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        Not a good keeper list in a 15 tm mixed, maybe add Parra to list of 6 that eldi bolds. What was your story last year? I cant see you went rebuild as I dont see a building block $5 Stanton type gem (shut up).

I cant see you went for win last year as I dont see any bloated salaries of mega stars.

My small vision doesnt allow for moderate mid place finishes but this looks like you went centrist, treading water last year mid to lower third while never making moves to be positioned this year for the kill? (I am guessing, for all I know you won last year, and your big contracts expired off this list.) In any case, your inspiration will need to be manufactured from what will be available on your auction day, as this keeper list is not at all top tier.
        Faded badly after the trade deadline, prior to that I was in the money so I held onto my players. I didn't list Pedroia $37, A-Rod $28, Miguel Montero $17, Carlos Santana $22, plus expiring JJ Putz, Neftali Feliz, Denard Span, Tommy Hanson, and Phil Hughes.

Comment

Molina, no extension, Beltran, Dunn, Moss. Maybe Jackson. And that's it.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Chance on the keepers. Jackson is a maybe. I would ask if I put him back could I get him for $18 or less with a new contract? Sitting here I think I could so I probably put him back.

Comment

Working...
            X