No announcement yet.

2K13: Off-Season Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Meyer is prospect #85 on RHD's end of year rotoprospect list.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
      So, I would guess that puts Morse at first base. Harper to one of the corners. It should be a good move for the defense anyway. Not certain what that means for the Twins off the top of my head.
      That Ben Revere is their CF? With Willingham in right they have no other OF on their roster. I doubt Plouffe is a fixture there so maybe they are shopping?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        That Ben Revere is their CF? With Willingham in right they have no other OF on their roster. I doubt Plouffe is a fixture there so maybe they are shopping?
        Plouffe is the third baseman, right? Maybe they're bringing Hicks up?

Comment

Hicks hasn't seen AAA but if he has a good spring he's definitely a candidate ... batted .285 with a .382 OBP in AA, with some power & speed (13HRs, 32 SBs)
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Angels sign Ryan Madson to a 1 yr deal
            I just lost him for a buck in my NL only 5X5. The off season has not been good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              Hicks hasn't seen AAA but if he has a good spring he's definitely a candidate ... batted .285 with a .382 OBP in AA, with some power & speed (13HRs, 32 SBs)
              Unless they make another move look for Parmelee in right. Would love to see Hicks get a shot, cant see current Twins leadership straying from normal patterns regarding prospects.

Comment

Bucs sign Russell Martin to a 2-yr, $17m deal

Comment

Bucs sign Russell Martin to a 2-yr, $17m deal
                  Wow, that is a terrible deal
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    Wow, that is a terrible deal
                    For whom?
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      For whom?
                      Im hoping he means the Pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                        Im hoping he means the Pirates.
                        Considering Martin has hit .224 the last two yrs combined, I assume you're correct.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Fangraphs has Martin being worth $10.0 million and $13.6 million in 2012 and 2011, respectively.
                          WoW. I really don't have as much faith in them now as I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Fangraphs has Martin being worth $10.0 million and $13.6 million in 2012 and 2011, respectively.

Edit: Of course, they also have him being worth $8.7 million in his terrible 2010 campaign, so take that with a grain of salt...
                            and it also has the top players being worth $35-$40m per year as well.

Comment

Considering Martin has hit .224 the last two yrs combined, I assume you're correct.
                              and let's add that to the fact they already have Garrett Jones, Clint Barmes, Pedro Alvarez and that Snider guy. That's 2000-2500 sub .250 ABs!

Comment

I kinda like the Martin signing for the Pirates*. (And if the guy who did a lot of the catcher framing research does too, then I feel even better about it)

Because really, they can't spend internationally, they can't spend on the draft, if they have money, where else are they going to put it? They could just hoard it, I guess. The only argument against this signing for the Pirates is "well, they're not going to win in the next 2 years anyway" which is almost definitely true, but look at the Orioles and the A's this year, and the Pirates' first halves over the last 2 years. You just never know, and unless you're Jeffrey Loria, sometimes you have to try even if it probably won't matter.

Martin hit .232-8HR for the Yankees on the road last year so his HRs weren't all Yankee Stadium. His IFFB% rate went down last year, he consistently has good walk rates and good LD rates, and he's only 30 years old. Frankly, I don't understand what the hell the Yankees are doing by refusing to pay him 9mil/yr when they have zero viable alternatives.

Martin is good at throwing out runners**, good at framing, and 11 trillion times better than Barajas or McKenry. Here's a good Fangraphs article: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...ates-baseball/

*Assuming that they spend all their draft slot money in July... remember they have an extra high pick because of the Appel fiasco.
                                **Granted, the Pirates' pitchers have an organizational deficiency where they can't hold runners on, so this might not help.

You want to hear something truly sad? This is the biggest free agent signing in Pirates history, in terms of dollar value. Think about that for a second.

Comment

Working...
                                X