Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• per Rotoworld:

Nick Punto needs surgery to repair a sports hernia and will miss 8-12 weeks.
    Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak expects Punto to play "sometime in May." This isn't a crippling blow for the team or anything, but Punto can at least play multiple positions pretty well and draw the occasional walk. Good thing the Cardinals were so willing to dump Brendan Ryan on the Mariners, because they could have really used someone like him right now. Tyler Greene, Daniel Descalso and Ramon Vasquez are all candidates to fill the utility infield role.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      per Rotoworld:

Nick Punto needs surgery to repair a sports hernia and will miss 8-12 weeks.
      Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak expects Punto to play "sometime in May." This isn't a crippling blow for the team or anything, but Punto can at least play multiple positions pretty well and draw the occasional walk. Good thing the Cardinals were so willing to dump Brendan Ryan on the Mariners, because they could have really used someone like him right now. Tyler Greene, Daniel Descalso and Ramon Vasquez are all candidates to fill the utility infield role.
      LMAO....poetic justice. And probably a good thing for my squad.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Wells was #1 on my hitters' list and Joba was #1 on the pitching side (I almost took him instead of Narveson). I'd be mildly irritated if we weren't so late in the draft.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• Ok now 17 have signed up at Yahoo. That means 3 more need to sign up.

ID# : 3361
          password: stratomatic

Wizards of Roz - J_roz
          Soul of Bing Bong - BuckyBuckner
          Rakksans - Frank
          Knights Errant - DQ
          Sly Fox - willthethrill
          RotoWeaponry - Weapon1
          Silentmist - Silentmist
          Batboys on Roids - Erik
          OaklandA's - OaklandA's
          DJBeasties - DJBeasties
          Splendid Splinters - the splinters
          Piney Boy - Piney Boy
          Revo's Ramblers - Revo
          Preachers - Hornsby
          JC's Mockumentarians - joncarlos
          First or Bust - BJE
          Hammers - Hammer
          Last edited by Piney Boy; 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Wells was #1 on my hitters' list and Joba was #1 on the pitching side (I almost took him instead of Narveson). I'd be mildly irritated if we weren't so late in the draft.
            I just can't draft a guy named Casper...what the hell were his parents thinking?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Who drafted Wainwright? You probably need some more pitching now.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                Wizards of Roz - J_roz
                Soul of Bing Bong - BuckyBuckner
                Rakksans - Frank
                Knights Errant - DQ
                Sly Fox - willthethrill
                RotoWeaponry - Weapon1
                Silentmist - Silentmist
                Batboys on Roids - Erik
                OaklandA's - OaklandA's
                DJBeasties - DJBeasties
                Splendid Splinters - the splinters
                Piney Boy - Piney Boy
                Revo's Ramblers - Revo
                Preachers - Hornsby
                JC's Mockumentarians - joncarlos
                First or Bust -
                Hammers - Hammer
                Looks like we are missing Braveshots, Bigjonempire, Fantastico, and In The Corn, although one of them is First or Bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I just can't draft a guy named Casper...what the hell were his parents thinking?
                  It's funny you say that because two years ago, just in passing, I asked my wife if she had any suggestions for me as I went to the draft. She said, "Draft players I've actually heard of and no one with a girls name."

So that year I paid for studs and won the league. I also now will never draft Aubrey Huff or Kelly Johnson by following the second part of her suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                    Looks like we are missing Braveshots, Bigjonempire, Fantastico, and In The Corn, although one of them is First or Bust.
                    Yeah I was trying to view the team First or Bust on my phone, but being where I sit I sometimes get no internet connection.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• BJE is First or Bust: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ull=1#post6490

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                        thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                          She said, "Draft players I've actually heard of and no one with a girls name."
                          I also now will never draft Aubrey Huff or Kelly Johnson by following the second part of her suggestion.
                          OK DJ - You just went to the top of my s**t list with suggesting good solid Irish sir names are feminine !

Comment

• Just signed up. Team Name = Lumber Co.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                              OK DJ - You just went to the top of my s**t list with suggesting good solid Irish sir names are feminine !
                              Hahaha sorry! My Irish dad would probably kill me as well for that.

Comment

• whoever's up timed out, so who's up? Since we went backward I'm lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X